We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian affair company

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Canadian affair company

Hi has anybody used this company as a package deal?

They fly with Air transat so I've read the reviews on them but

I've booked car hire and hotels with them. Any feedback?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,758 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian affair company

Hi aliscarlet ~

We tell overseas visitors about Canadian Affair car rentals a lot because they offer a one way rental between Banff and Vancouver (and other places) without the one way drop fee. No one has come back to say yay or nay, so can only assume the one way car rentals have worked out fine. There have been a few mentions about CA on the forums.

I think your best bet is to do a search on the Canada forum, the search field just above your avatar. Any threads that have been previously posted will show up. I'll just see if I can find a few.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g153339-i49-k47626…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k52014…

Those should give you a bit of information. There are more threads going back quite a few years.

Now you are posting on the Canada Forum which is counterproductive. It would be much better if you posted on the most appropriate forum for the area you are flying to in Canada. Toronto? To go to the relevant forum, type the word [city] + forum in the search field above the green menu bar. e.g. Toronto Forum. Calgary Forum. That will get you to the right place to post. If not now, then for future questions. Posting on the best forum for your travel question will bring you the best results as well as all the Top Questions that are posted to the right side of the forum page on each forum.

scotland
Level Contributor
56 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian affair company

we had no problems flying with them and car rental is just across the road from airport.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
762 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian affair company

Canadian affair has been around for a while and I have not heard any real negative stuff about them on here...

Level Contributor
1 post
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian affair company

Company is pretty good. Just watch two things, though. Air Transat has a mix of planes. If you can get on a flight with the newer ones, you won't be disappointed. In-flight entertainment is excellent, with wide choice of movies and TV etc. Older ones just give you three movies and the planes are a wee bit tired looking inside. Second thing is - watch the fuel deals with the car rental agencies they use, especially National. Looks like a good price at the desk, but at the end of your trip they add tax, whereas gas stations include the tax in the price. So, $1.33 at the desk looks ok if the price at the gas station is $1.34 - but if you buy from National it's actually going to cost you $1.50.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,111 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadian affair company

Old post from 2013

6. Re: Canadian affair company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 07:16