We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Jasper round trip!

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Vancouver to Jasper round trip!

Hello! A group of us is planning a road trip to Jasper and back this summer. I was looking for best (and possibly scenic and/or quick) routes to plan this trip. Also, any suggestions like specific places we have to check out enroute etc, would very much be appreciated. Im also a photography enthusiast, so any advice on good spots would be very helpful.

Thanks!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver to Jasper round trip!

Hi DinkyCar and welcome to the forum ~

I'm going to redirect you right away to the British Columbia Forum. It's a good one for travel across the whole province. This forum just doesn't get the traffic to see your question and that's what you want. As well the resources for your trip are located on that forum.

When you get to that forum, linked below, look through the Top Questions for the Trip Report Collection. As well, look for the article about choosing a route between Vancouver and Calgary. Both hold helpful information.

Open this link and post there.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154922-i80-Britis…

And here is the Canadian Rockies Forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g659487-i11598-Can…

Please say how much time you will have, hopefully 2 weeks at least. If you can narrow down to the month of travel that would be okay too. Also, as well as photography, please let people know your interests: hiking, architecture, kayaking, historical sites, foodie.

And pop into BCAA for their Tour Book. There is a section on attractions in almost all the towns in BC. Maybe get the Book for Alberta too, or anything they hand out for the Rockies.

Our good online tourist information website is www.hellobc.com which can be searched by city or region. A wealth of information.

Remember to read other questions being asked down the list of topics on the forums you visit and the replies being given, even if you go through p. 2, 3, 4.

So come on over to the BC Forum for good results.

p.s. I remember dinky toys!!!

2. Re: Vancouver to Jasper round trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:16