We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry into Cuba

Windsor, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Entry into Cuba

Hi there, my husband is a permanent resident in Canada, but a Jamaican citizen. Does anyone know what he would need to be able to vacation in Cuba. Does he need a special visa? I know everyone gets a visitor's visa card, but wondering if it is different for him. Thanks in advance! :)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry into Cuba

Try here....there is an email address on the bottom of the page

http://www.congenjamaica-toronto.com/html/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry into Cuba

You may also want to post on the Cuba forum, as people visiting Cuba may be more likely to know the answer to your question...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,487 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entry into Cuba

Any local travel agent will have that information for you.....you can either visit one in person, or ask them over the phone.....checking with a travel professional will be helpful to you

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Entry into Cuba

I wouldn't trust a local Canadian travel agent on this -- they sometimes get visa info for Canadians wrong, and I doubt they're experts in requirements for other nationalities.

The best official source would be the government of Cuba, as they set the requirements for entry into Cuba. The Cuban embassy in Ottawa (www.cubadiplomatica.cu/canada/EN/Home.aspx) may be easiest for you to contact, though the Cuban embassy in Jamaica would be most familiar with these requirements.

And yes, the Cuba forum (tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g147270-i91-Cuba.ht…) is for people visiting Cuba, so you're much more likely to find informed answers there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entry into Cuba

I agree with Matt, many travel agents have no idea...

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entry into Cuba

Did a quick search on Cuba Forum and found this thread

tripadvisor.ca/…53271271

Basically the same question from a UK traveler.

Hope this helps.

7. Re: Entry into Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18