We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's going to P.E. next year?

California
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Who's going to P.E. next year?

I wonder how many of you will be in Puerto Escondido this coming year.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Escondido
Puerto Escondido
Oaxaca, Mexico
minneesota
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

Possibly, why do you ask

Ottawa
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

yes, but also wondering why you ask :)

California
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

Just wondering....since there is not much "action" on this forum. I wanted to ask if there is people planning their winter vacation to P.E., that's all.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

It is funny how this forum is so quiet. We are going for a month this winter and would love to be able to read more posts regarding PE. Restaurants, markets, shops, sites etc.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

I'm with you vg04. I'm headed to PE from the 23rd of December to the 6th of January. We travel alot (ie. PVR many times) The PV forum is very active (as well as other places we've researched and/or visited). This one - not so much.

I also wish that this forum was more active so that we could further research our vacation. It helps with the excitement build up when being able to read about the place you are about to visit. I posted asking a NYE question a couple of weeks ago and I didn't get one response.

Helen

minneesota
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

try tomzap.com. It has a quite active forum and lots of info.

kate

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

I hope to be going...right after new years. I'm spending 7 days in a resort, in Huatulco, with over 25 members of my husband's family right after Christmas. To get me to agree to this my hubbie had to bribe me with a week to myself in Puerto afterwards! But I'm still looking for someone to meet me down there - hopefully my sister, I don't want to be all on my own.

Gophergirl, you're right, the tomzap.com forum is .... active. Sometimes too lively. I think maybe some of the regulars scare off newcomers with perfectly reasonable questions. There are some very nice folks on the forum but a few local whack jobs who will jump on anything to stir up controversy, and make Puerto sound like the crime and pollution capital of Mexico - makes you wonder why they stay. Still, if you ignore them, you can get some excellent insider help on tomzap. The list of the Best (and worst) of Puerto is a great guide for visitors.

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

Thanks for the suggestion of tomzap.com folks. I did register today so that I can post questions. I There seems to be more off topic chatter and insults being thrown than actual travel information. Hopefully someone will respond to my questions once my registration is put through though. I have printed off "The Best of . . ." for reference while we are there.

We are really excited to be heading to PE. We were only able to visit for an afternoon last April. We were staying in Huatulco and hired a cab driver for a day. He took us to PE (as well as Zipolite, Puerto Angel, San Augustin (?), etc.). We vowed that we would return to PE some day for a vacation as we instantly fell in love with the place upon first sight. As luck would have it - we found a package over Christmas and NYE and decided we'd try two weeks right from the get go.

Hope each of you who are heading there enjoy your vacations!

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Zipolite
Zipolite
152 Reviews
Puerto Angel, Mexico
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

Well, Helen, my fellow Calgarian, maybe we will have to meet for a drink if I make it there after NYE (looking at the 2nd to about the 8th)!

You will get your questions answered on tomzap, and please note that if there are particular individuals who annoy you, you can actually click on "ignore this poster" and all their silly comments will go away.

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
526 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who's going to P.E. next year?

Be sure to double check addresses from the "Best of" list. Businesses move around in Puerto quite often and some open and close in the same location with different names. Tom can only update what he is told and if no one tells him a business has moved he can't update that information on his site.

Once you're there in PE, the monthly publication, "Sol de la Costa" is something you should pick up right away. There are simple articles that pass a few minutes but mainly I pick it up for the advertisements for local businesses. You'll find that almost every restaurant has a day off each week so it is good to find that out before cabbing it across town for a bite to eat only to find the doors closed.

And yeah, I also wish tomzap would cut down on the amount of bickering amongst a minority of its forum users. It's a great site and Tom is a good guy that puts a lot into it.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Escondido