We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unable to book on Aerotucan.com...trying to go OAX-PXM

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
619 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Unable to book on Aerotucan.com...trying to go OAX-PXM

I'm unable to book any flights on Aerotucan website and I can see this is common. Vista World travel has told me they no longer will handle reservations. I recall seeing an email that someone had to contact them directly to reserve.

Does anyone recall seeing this/have any contact info?

Thanks in advance.

lwbc

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unable to book on Aerotucan.com...trying to go OAX-PXM

They have never suspended operations or refused reservations to my knoweldge, and in fact I was in to see them only a week ago to book. They used to be associated with an American company, and at that time had a different website. Their site is www.aerotucan.com.mx and phone numbers are (951) 502 0840 or 41 or 42.

I used to use this email, so give it a try, but if no reply, call them. Email is or at least was, agencias@aerotucan.com.mx. Very accommodating.

Alternatively, ask your hotel to make the reservation for you. We do it all the time for our booked guests, as part of providing value added service, which every lodging in the state should be doing!

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Edited: 17 June 2011, 14:32
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
619 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unable to book on Aerotucan.com...trying to go OAX-PXM

Thanks,

Alvin, when you book tix for your guests, do you simply hold a reservation and the guest pays at the Aeromar office when they arrive or do you pay and the guest pays you (plus possibly a small fee)?

We'll be flying from OAX to PXM (one way only) so I'm wondering if the reservation has to be made in OAX because that is our departure city? I'll try to contact them now that I have the email/phone info.

Thanks so much...always helpful on Tripadvisor!

lwbc

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unable to book on Aerotucan.com...trying to go OAX-PXM

When I book for guests, I can hold the reservation for a number of days without paying, but that does not guarantee price. I always prefer paying up front and having a physical ticket in my hands. I don't charge guests anything for the service, although perhaps I should start doing so. I just make sure my paypal costs and exchange rate is covered.

I assume the ticket can be booked in PE, but don't know for sure. Why don't you simply call your hotel and find out from them about their policies? Remember, just because I operate one way does not mean others conduct business the same. And by the way, I don't use Aeromar, only Aerotucan.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
619 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unable to book on Aerotucan.com...trying to go OAX-PXM

FYI - I contacted the property manager to ask if she would assist with booking our flights and yes, she would be more than willing. Definitely something to consider looking into when booking your accommodations and are in need of flights that you can't book online.

lwbc

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unable to book on Aerotucan.com...trying to go OAX-PXM

Good stuff. In this Mexican tourist economy, if necessary you have to push your hosts to provide value added service. Bravo for your property manager!

6. Re: Unable to book on Aerotucan.com...trying to go OAX-PXM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 07:17