We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
609 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

We're a family of 4 and our boys usually bring their boogie boards with them to the beaches we visit. If I can convince them to leave the boards at home (easier to travel in small planes with less baggage!), is there a place in PE to purchase/rent good quality boards by the week or 2? Approx cost?

Thanks.

lwbc

Forestville...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

There are quite a few places in P.E. to rent boards. On zicatela beach there about two or three places to get them . On marinero beach, which is the best place to boogie board are a couple of places to get them. Don't worry about the prices, for a few pesos you can have them for an hour or the day. Have fun.

YYC
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

Absolutely agree with marlinmanpe about renting boards. You may also be able to get a better deal since you are renting more than one board and if you rent for more than one day or a week. Just make sure you have ID with you when you rent. Another suggestion is to photo or document any damage to the board before renting. Have fun.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
609 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

thanks for the info...any idea of what we're looking at for cost?

The boys would want half decent boards to ride the waves but not super high end. I think the ones they have are from Hawaii - cost maybe $65 each?

thanks.

lwbc

YYC
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

Sorry, don't board so I can not help you. I do know you can negotiate price for longer rentals and since you would be renting more than one. As mentioned a couple of places on Marinaro and about 3 on Zicatela. It would not take you more than 25 - 30 minutes to walk from Marinaro to the end of the commercial strip on Zicatela. That time would include stopping at each shop and inquiring. I do know from talking to others the prices are very reasonable.

NY
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

The boards they rent are good boards, they can have their pick each day. Best was from Miguel next to Central surf. It was pretty cheap once you came back the second day and they got to know you. Bring decent fins, and sell them before they go back.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
609 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

Thanks for the suggestions...I think they'll have to stay home as the luggage limit on Aerotucan from OAX is 15 kg per person...

ZN
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

There is also the oasis surf school on carizalillo that rents decent equipment. You can even reserve it and ask all questions in advance via their web page. Have you already comitted to Aero Tucan because there is a local "air taxi" that costs a little less and is more flexible with luggage, or have you already completed travel? If so how was it and the board rental etc.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
609 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

ZN, I just responded to you on a different post...what kind of "air taxi"??

9. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2013, 13:22
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
609 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leave the Boogie Boards at home?

Thanks ZN...was just wondering. We're confirmed on Aerotucan for OAX to PXM.