We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

Puerto Escondido...
3 posts
Save Topic
Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

Seems like there is some very negative people on tomzap in puerto Escondido who want to bully people around, face them with their problems they are cowards when you confront them . But it seems like the moderators are just as bad , they seem to thrive off these losers here and like their nasty comment. Might be just best to stay away from this site all together. And use better sites that are more useful and supportive .

Messina
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

Hi Lance.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

Also as a warning, the moderator of Tomzap, Nancy will take personal messages and post them on Tomzap, so beware, anything you do send via personal message may at some point wind up on the Tomzap forum for all to see. One of the reasons she has gained a group of disgruntled posters, with her biased moderation, and playing favorites.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,645 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

There are a few TA forums with bullies who believe their forum is their private turf. Depends on the forum's players and sometimes the length of cocktail hour. My bet is TA will close this topic.

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
499 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

Tomzap has useful pages on the site. Use them for what they are. Always double and triple check all resources. I would never count that site out as a useful resource.

Yes, there are nuts there of almost every type from the educated to the uneducated and everywhere in between. Some have had too much sun, some too much drugs, and some just too much time.

I personally stopped posting there at least 3 years ago, maybe more. I still refer people to its resources because they are valuable. Also, there are still multiple people on the message board who are very useful.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

I agree, it is a very useful source for information concerning the Pacific Coast, and if you do use it as a reference guide, very informative. However should you choose to enter into visitors comments section, be forewarned the Puerto Escondido section is overrun, with the approval of the moderator, with liberals who will not tolerate any viewpoint but their own, most are in Puerto because they can smoke dope without too many repercussions, that seems to be the common thread running among the regulars on it. If you agree, wonderful, but if you oppose their views, these nice people will turn on you, try to shout you do, label you as a malcontent, and just start calling you nasty names, again all with the approval of Nancy to moderator. Basically she will tell you, this is my forum if you dont like it, dont join in, it is not a democracy,

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

I love tomzap. The puerto forum gets out of hand but it is tom and Nancy's board and they can moderate as they see fit. Usually only the most blatantly racist posts and personal attacks are removed. Plenty of right wing conservatives on there always. Lots of lively debate most not terribly helpful to the typical tourist but if you ask a question, you'll get a good honest response.

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
499 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

@lamarlafongCleveland, I think calling those who use the Visitor's Comments board all liberals who smoke pot is pretty inaccurate. @mariaguapa same with the right wing comments. As I mentioned earlier, it is full of all different types as are the ex-pats who live in Puerto.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

Danj- that was pretty much my point. A mix but clearly the conservative voice is not silenced over there. You've got to be pretty offensive to have a post deleted- unless your deleted post happens to be tied to a string that includes the offensive post.

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
499 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

Yes it does take a lot @mariaguapa for a post to be deleted. Let's not get too into that stuff and remain a helpful bunch here at TA. PE is a wonderful place, with its downfalls, and all the information we can share with each other makes us better travelers, rather than tourists.

10. Re: Tomzap forum puerto Escondido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Escondido