We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido

San Diego...
4 posts
Save Topic
Flying from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido

Hi friends,

I was planning on flying from Mexico City to Puerto on either Aeromar or Vivaaerobus, but just found out they don't take non-Mexican credit cards. I don't think taking the bus from Mexico City is safe. Last time I traveled from the U.S. I flew into Acapulco and took a loong bus ride I don't care to repeat. Does anyone know of any other options?

Thanks!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,827 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido

Dig deeper about non-Mexican credit cards. Bet you can book by way of Expedia if not direct.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido

Have you called the toll-free number for Vivaaerobus: 1 888 9 FLY VIV (359 848)?

(I don't think the bus journey is unsafe but at 12 hours it's something I can understand you wishing to avoid.)

San Diego...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido

Hi Steve, I have tried calling an no one answers. I went on Vivaaerobus' facebook page and found that many other travelers are complaining about not being able to reach the call center as well. This change in policy of the two airlines who serve Puerto Escondido is unfortunate because it means tourism in Puerto will suffer. I'll still look for other solutions.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido

Try flying (or bus at 6.5 hours) into Oaxaca, and then Aerotucan into PE, mornings. The bus ride is safe and comfortable. You can take an overnight bus arriving around 5 or 6 am, a 150 peso taxi ride to the airport, and be there for the Aerotucan flight, but check flight departure times depending on the day. Aerotucan accepts c cards over the phone. And consider 2 - 3 days in Oaxaca if the timing is a little tight. You won't regret it.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Edited: 08 June 2013, 14:51
Toronto
Level Contributor
67 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido

You can pay with your US credit card at the airport. Hopefully the plane won't be full. Have you tried to contact a travel agent in Mexico City? Maybe you can purchase your ticket through them.

6. Re: Flying from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Escondido
Recent Conversations