We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf from hotel in June

Edwards, Colorado
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Surf from hotel in June

Hello,

We are interested in going to Mexico at the beginning of June. My husband wants to surf everyday, though we live in Colorado so he hasn't surfed in 2 years. He says he is intermediate-advanced but wouldn't want anything overhead. What is the surf like then? We are also looking for any recommendations for nicer but still reasonable hotels that he can walk out and surf from there. I don't surf so would like to be able to watch him, if possible, from the hotel.

Originally we were looking at Pallidium in Punta Mita, but it sounds like there might not be surf then.

If you think this area's swell would be too big, do you have any other recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
490 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf from hotel in June

There will not be many tourists in Puerto in June. June is considered the wet season. However, many surfers use this season because of the surf and also because of the price. My suggestion would be to find a place when you get to town but don't settle in right away until you talk amongst other surfers to get a feel of where might suit you guys best and then move hotels if needed. Many people do this.

2. Re: Surf from hotel in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:16