We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will rain in August ruin my visit?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
will rain in August ruin my visit?

I am planning to spend 3 nights in Puerto Escondido this August after a week in Oaxaca. I know August is in the middle of the rainy seasonand am wondering if it tends to rain all day at that time if year or just a few hours a day. Should I be reconsidering my plans due to the time of year?

Thank you so much!.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will rain in August ruin my visit?

june1985, no it should not rain all day in August UNLESS there is a tropical storm or hurricane a brewing.....then all bets are off. Rain in August / September is typically a 20 minute passing shower except as previously noted. It usually does rain a little each day. Make sure to take trip insurance WITH coverage for weather issues, just in case.

¡Se diviertán!

Saint John, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Escondido
Level Contributor
496 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will rain in August ruin my visit?

What LonestarGumby said.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 03:41
Santa Elena, Oaxaca
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will rain in August ruin my visit?

Regular rains off the mountains will have little to no effect on your stay...but a storm off the ocean definitely could...but statistically you'll be fine. Puerto is beautiful in August because everything is so green.

4. Re: will rain in August ruin my visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Escondido