We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Is This Place??

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where Is This Place??

I've been to Cancun and Yucatan Peninsula many times - never been to the other side - thinking about checking it out next December, with our 15 year old son.

Where, in relationship to other big towns, is this located? Further south?

Would there be enough for an almost 16 yr old to do?

Good weather in December? Good AI's?

Thanks!

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where Is This Place??

Depending on who you ask IX/ZIH is around 120 miles north of Acapulco. Now my understandin is distances in MX are measured bus station to bus station, the signs say 250 kilometers = 156 miles.

Good & AI don't belong in the same sentence, but some folks like them, there are several in Ixtapa, just pick one. They say the Barcelo is best. I don't like them, BUT I see you have a good reason for one.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where Is This Place??

The Costalegre (bet Manzanillo and PV) and Zihuatanejo are our favs.

Perhaps La Manzanilla es lo mejor on the Costalegre.

www.costalegre.ca

www.tomzap.com

Have not been to ACA in 23+ years.

Spent 12 -18 Dic in Zihua in '08, and would return as it's 6 + hours by car on great (cuota) roads.

Sport Fishing is good in all - great fun for a 16 yo - we used Santiago Valdovinos in Zihua:

fintastik.com/gitana/htm

gitana@prodigy.net.mx

He'll take 3 for US$250. (06:30 - 15:00).

His brother has nearly the same great reputation.

Check the search box on the Zihuatanejo forum.

The at sea weather can be a bit less favorable (colder) after 5 or 10 Dic in Mazatlan, so less predictable, but we did get medium size Sailfish and Striped Marlin in '07 with Vikings Fleet.

M

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where Is This Place??

Sunny&Bright

If you care to see where, and what the coastline is like: go to Google, click Maps, type in Zihuatanejo, and zoom in!

Keith

4. Re: Where Is This Place??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 04:18