We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to acapulco from ixtapa

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Commack, New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
getting to acapulco from ixtapa

is it safe for us to rent a car to go from ixtapa to acapulco. is there a bus. in other words how do i get to acapulco from there. i would like to stay one week in each spot. lizmalich@yahoo.com

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,749 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to acapulco from ixtapa

LizandRick,

You can check into the new short hop service by Blue Coast Aviation.

Yes, there are buses, with first class service. You can Google them.

Renting a car and driving, I would recommend only to folks that have done this in the past, and know the route, with the Narco unrest of late. JMO.

Keith

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to acapulco from ixtapa

First class Buses are but 4 hours. Estrella Blanca first class leaves hourly 5 AM to 7:30 PM at about $11.00 US or second class hourly at about $8 US but unless you are looking for an experience take the first class.

Estella Oro has 3 first class and 13 second class a day at the same costs.

Vancouver, B.C.
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to acapulco from ixtapa

Hola from San Cristobal de Las Casas, Mexico. No need to rent a car. Take the bus or a taxi next door to Zihuatanejo and hop a bus to Acapulco from the bus station there. Get the schedule before you go to the station, but I believe there's a bus every hour. I think you'll want to go first class, and I'm not sure that's every hour, so get the details from someone before you head out. It's an easy 4-5 hour trip. Salud, Randy.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to acapulco from ixtapa

As already stated, the bus is an option, as is Blue Coast Aviation. If you choose Blue Coast, be warned that you should follow up often to confirm your arrangements. I had booked them in January for a day trip to Acapulco only to find out upon arrival in Zihuatanejo that they were not honoring my reservation, and had instead booked a larger party for later in the day. The flight would be the quickest and most convenient option, but only if they are reliable.

5. Re: getting to acapulco from ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 20:17