We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tortillera for fresh tortillas

kelowna
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tortillera for fresh tortillas

We are staying at Condominium Casa Zih, La Ropa on the hill and would like to know where the closest tortillera is.

Also is there one near the bvg in Ixtapa as we are there the second half of our stay.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tortillera for fresh tortillas

Since no one is answering you I'll do my best. I do not buy many tortillas preferring the fresh breads/rolls plus get enough tortillas in cafés.

However I have notice at least two &possiblyy more Tortilla factories on the side streets behind the Mercado. So if you go out the back door(s) of the Mercado just wander a bit & I'm sure you will find such places.

kelowna
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: tortillera for fresh tortillas

thank you peddler

We where at the Mercado last time Zihuatanejo so we will have a look. We tend to take a few things to the condo and love to have fresh tortillas on hand. Some fresh cheese, little salsa heated in a tortilla. Big difference for us here in Canada no fresh ones. Also can be difficult to find real corn tortillas.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tortillera for fresh tortillas

Strangely as a Ole Iowa farm boy I just not into Corn items.

Bay Area
Level Contributor
228 posts
933 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tortillera for fresh tortillas

You said closest.

1) There is one on Ermigildo Galindo (probably not even close in spelling). Walking past the fire station going toward the church turn right before the beer take out. Go about 4 blocks. Sorry I only walk by there.

2) There is also one off of 5 de mayo across from El Mercado.

3) The simplest, of course, is going to La Comer, especially if you are going to buy other food.

Suggestion: order a half kilo or 10 pesos worth to see if you like them.

5. Re: tortillera for fresh tortillas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa