We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk on beach from Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa?

NY
Level Contributor
104 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Walk on beach from Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa?

Is it possible to walk from beach at Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa? Is there any rocky area to traverse?

Thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk on beach from Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa?

There is a path that the locals take to reach playa hermosa to harvest goose-neck barnacles. But I have never taken it, so I can not tell you what sort of bad news that you could get yourself into.

The path is up and between the cliffs on the northern end of the beach, and then drops down to more rocky terrain.

Keith

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk on beach from Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa?

I would say it is possible but not normally recommended. Like Keith, I have never taken the path but I have walked up part of it just to look around and it is do-able but a bit sketchy.

If the lifeguard sees you he will probably stop you and question you at least if not refuse to let you take the "path". We have seen this happen before.

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk on beach from Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa?

As they said it is not a wise move. The end of the beach that leads to Ixtapa ends abruptly with a large rock formation that extends down the hill and out into the ocean. The waves hit this end of the beach pretty hard so there is no way to navigate through the water.

The good news is that I have never seen a peddler make it to the beach.

NY
Level Contributor
104 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk on beach from Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa?

Thanks for the info. If we decide we want a long beach walk, we'll plan to get to playa palmar another way...

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk on beach from Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa?

Just walk down the hill and use the public access next to the Barcelo.

6. Re: Walk on beach from Las Brisas to main beach in Ixtapa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 07:18