We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers to Hotel

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Red Wing, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers to Hotel

I will be traving to Ixtapa in Feb. I booked at the Presidente, and was wondering about the best way to book transfers. Is it best to book online, or wait till we arrive?

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers to Hotel

Pay for a taxi after you get your luggage. The cost 380 pesos.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers to Hotel

As backus above mentioned, just as you exit customs with your luggage, you'll be able to purchase or arrange your transportation right there. If you're traveling alone, (you didn't say "we") try and share a ride with another person or 2. Just ask those on your flight if there is anyone else staying at the Presidente. we all seem a bit friendlier when on vacation and I'm sure you'll have no problem. Enjoy your trip. Because of a fee charged by the airport operator, the charge from the airport to your hotel will be about $10 (240 pesos) more than your return trip.

Edited: 27 January 2013, 20:09
Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers to Hotel

The only way i know of is a taxi. There is a booth booth in the airport where you pay the money for the taxi, the booth is next to the exit, At the booth, the agent gives you a slip of paper to give to the person in charge who is outside and he directs you to the taxi to take

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers to Hotel

Go right to the booth, pay your pesos and ignore anyone who is trying to offer you free rides or help or breakfast or a tour. The taxi area has plenty of time share sharks who are also happy to "help" you.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,757 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers to Hotel

Aren't transfers included in your hotel booking??

Red Wing, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers to Hotel

No they are not included, odd I thought. Thanks everyone for your help!

colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers to Hotel

Do taxis accept american dollars

Red Wing, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers to Hotel

I was there Feb 21-28...most everyone did accept American dollars. I used the ATM at the airport, got over 13 exchange rate. Your better off using Pesos...exchange rate 13-1.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,757 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers to Hotel

Please use pesos...you are in Mexico...Where in Colorado can you get a cab with pesos??

Red Wing, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers to Hotel

I agree with traveljudy. Imagine you have a job as a waitstaff in the US, and someone leaves you euros as a tip...what would you do with it? Enjoy your trip!