We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Just wondering if anyone has flown from Chicago to Zihuatanejo and what airlines you flew. Not a lot of options out there, most getting me in later in the day then I would like. Not sure if I should find a flight direct to Mexico City, which there are many more options and then connect to ZIH or what. Any recommendations appreciated.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Try Apple Vacations. They got Saturday to Saturday flight that will get you in shortly after noon.

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

We went o'hare to Houston to Ixtapa. Good flight times on united and we could go for 9 nights

Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

This is for my honeymoon and our wedding is Saturday, so Sat flights don't work for us. I'm looking Sun-Sun or Mon-Sun. I tried United and they show no results, but maybe their schedule isn't extended until October yet.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,793 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

United will have a very limited schedule for Sept. and October...not busy enough...and usually only the little 50 seaters out of Houston...and just 2 days a week...usually Thursday and Saturdays...

Check US Air and watch their schedule.

Once you DO get a ticket...monitor it closely...as there can be deletions on days...and first come best options....so always watch the ticket closely...

Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Really, didn't know this would be so tough. Would it be better to just book a trip into Mexico City and then take Aero or Interjet to ZIH?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,793 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

United is flying Sunday or Friday only in October...

AeroMex appears to be flying everyday in October...1.05AM arriving at 10.05AM...might want to enjoy Sunday with the family that came for the wedding...and then take off on Monday at 1.05AM!!! I have friends who do this flight...and they just eat a nice breakfast on the layover in Mex City airport...and don't seem too tired when they arrive!!

United is showing $710...AeroMex is showing $684 round trip with all taxes.

Edited: 28 February 2013, 00:33
UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Did you check Milwaukee departures?? Not too far from Chicago if it's what you need...

Good luck!

Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

I have not looked into Milwaukee, but will have to take a look. Just never considered that Milwaukee may have better options than Chicago. Thanks for the input.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Does the Milwaukee flight go year around? And even if it is available I thought it was only Friday to Friday. I just know that it didn't work for our schedules in the past. But good luck, I do believe the red eye out of O'hare on Aeromexico is pretty consistent. We've taken that. . . you have a layover in Mexico City each way and you lose a night's sleep on the way down.

Edited: 28 February 2013, 18:38
Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone fly Chicago to ZIH?

Might have to end up going Sunday to Sunday. Wanted to have that day off after the wedding, but much better options flying out Sunday.

Anyone know of any other Monday departures to ZIH from other cities. Could always fly out late Sunday afternoon somewhere stay the night and fly out Monday to ZIH.