We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The General was yelling at visitors

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
The General was yelling at visitors

Seems the General was upset with several visitors a couple weeks ago. While we were there, I personally witnessed him yelling at and chasing away 3 (biggest ones I ever seen) wild turkeys who seem to hang around his restaurant on a daily bases. They are not afraid of people, so I'm guessing some of the tourist have been feeding them when they come up to the tables. We ate there twice. Same great service and food as always.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

I am not sure if we interrupted you in the middle of a conversation but I am sure a lot of folks don't know what you are talking about. I sure don't!

There are some wild turkeys at some restaurant in an area of Ixtapa and someone that people call "The General" yelled at these visitors (the turkeys, the tourists?)...

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

Sorry about that Sandy. Yes I had the phone ringing while I was typing that. The General yelled at and chased away the turkeys (not the tourists) only to have them return about 5 minutes latter. It was funny to watch and I'm guessing this may be a daily event.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

He is talking about the General Sports Bar in the outside mall in Ixtapa!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

Ahhh, now I get it - I have not been there. Well, now I do know who The General is and his hatred for turkeys!! ;-)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,535 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

real wild turkeys? as in, gobble gobble? In Ixtapa? Seriously? that is funny!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

Yes, and very bold. They are not afraid and some people may even be a bit intimidated by them. That may be one reason the General tries to chase them away.

7. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2013, 17:39
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

snowcrone that is exactly right and I even had to buy a t-shirt from the General with that saying on it!!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

Never let it be said that the Mexican people lack a sense of humor.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The General was yelling at visitors

We were their in November near American Thanksgiving. Bad day for turkeys !

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations