We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

colorado
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

HOLA! Has anyone stayed at both of these hotels? Or does anyone know them both. I'm wondering the pros, cons and differences? Also which was your preference and why? We have an op to stay at either one, but there is a price difference and I want to know it it's worth it. Gracias!! A.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

I would think that the biggest difference here since they are both AI would be that the Sunscape is about dead center of the main beach in Ixtapa, while the Azul is a bit North of Ixtapa.

IMO the sand is nicer on the main beach.

Keith

Carroll, Iowa
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

We stayed at the sunscape about 3 years ago. Didn't do AI that time. With all the restuants and bars close by

seemed like a waste. Remember that the beds were hard as rocks at that time.. Stayed at the Azul last year.

i like the room better there . went A.I. on that trip. Much more of a family resort there. Had to catch a bus or taxi into Ixtapa. Bus was about 10 pesos and cab about 100 pesos. Stayed at the Azul Grand this year. Absolutely bueatiful resort. Not alot of people there yet but great pools. 2 real nice beaches within walking distances and can catch a water ferry over to Ixtapa Island for about $ 4 round trip. i quess it all depends on what you're looking for in a resort

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
609 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

For families, which would you choose? Young child and a baby.

Carroll, Iowa
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

Probably the Azul ixtapa. They have a flinestone land area that the childrens really seem to love

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

Patty35 did you look into Club Med for their kids program. I can tell you that the Sunscape kid's staff really enjoy their jobs and interacting with the kids.

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
609 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

We have an option to get a free timeshare from a friend and both Sunscape and Azul are on RCI. I am not sure about Club Med....does anyone else know? I am having a hard time logging into RCI presently.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

If you're looking for a place that's not relaxing, feels like everyone is right in top of everyone else, there's not a great food selection, and the bands are trying to blast you out your room, then definitely pick the Sunscape.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

Husker: Sounds like you need a cab ride to Zihua for a change of scenery!

9. Re: Azul ixtapa vs. Suncape Dorado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations