We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
924 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

I just posted my very exhaustive review of the Sunscape Dorado Pacifico and the area. I can't express enough how much we loved the area. We so badly want to go back again next year, though charters and flight schedules will play a big part in where we can go due to work demands. As expected, we liked Zihua better than Ixtapa - would stay in a little room there and eat out at all the restaurants in a heartbeat. LOVED Barra de Potosi, LOVED Petatlan and LOVED the people all around - so friendly, extremely helpful and interesting to talk to. Will answer any questions about our trip, and about the resort. Thank goodness the sun is starting to shine in Beautiful British Columbia now - makes it a little easier to be here reflecting on another holiday gone by........

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

I haven't read your review of the hotel, but perhaps it would be helpful to future travelers if you posted the trip report parts of the review here in this thread. People are always looking for input but I don't think they necessarily look at hotel reviews for that information. Just my 2 cents.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

I have a question...When are you going back??

Yayyy!! glad you had a fantastic trip. So wonderful for you to take the time to post that it's such a great place.

Welcome back to reality...start your vacation count down ticker for your next trip.

I'm looking to get back in November over U.S. Thanksgiving. Can't wait.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

Glad you had a Great Trip B!

Welcome to our Addiction!

Keith

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,704 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

That is great to hear, Berniece!

We stayed at the Dorado too our first trip to the area, and then also discovered we liked Zihua better.

Lucky you, living in BC.....you are getting better weather than out here in Sask, if it makes you feel better! We still have some snow left to melt, crazy year!

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,323 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

Now you know why most of the forum members are returning Ixtapa/ZIH travelers!! Ted&Julie

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to going to the are soon!

7. Re: Loved Our First Time in Ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 05:15