We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice for first timers?

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
advice for first timers?

My wife, son (1 year old) and I are flying in the second week in October and staying at Capella Ixtapa. Being that this is will be our first time in Mexico and that we don't travel internationally very often, I'm reaching out to this great community in hopes of getting some answers to a few specific questions as well as general pointers.

1. What are the best-practices/protocol for getting from the airport to the resort? Bonus if you've stayed at Capella Ixtapa specifically.

2. We would very much like to check out Zihuatanejo, enjoy the beach and do a little exploring. Any recommendations for beaches/markets/attractions we should see keeping in mind we have a 1-year-old with us?

3. We would like to pick up some food/alcohol while we're in town to take back to the resort. I've read about Commericial Mexicana, any other recommendations?

4. Any other general or specific pointers? Precautions? Can't-miss destinations?

Thank you so much in advance. These forums and trip advisor have already proved to be a valuable resource in preparing for an awesome trip!

----------------------------------------------------

Lastly, I'm anticipating someone might mention that Capella Ixtapa is not a resort geared toward children, so I'm preempting those responses by saying we are aware that it is a romantic resort focusing primarily on couples. Our son is very well behaved, but beyond that, we respect others' need for peace and quiet and we don't plan on spending a lot of time in the common areas of the resort with him.

Edited: 23 September 2013, 18:54
Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,897 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: advice for first timers?

Except this year?

All that packing?

Do It!

Then when you get there. All of that stuff you packed that you really don't need anyway?

Bag it up and take it over to Lupita's and drop it off as a donation!!!!!!!!!

JMO

Keith

Woodside
Level Contributor
629 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: advice for first timers?

Pack up the baby clothes your kid has outgrown. You can also donate at DIF, I believe.http://difzihuatanejo.gob.mx/

23. Re: advice for first timers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa