We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

Hi Everyone!

Looking for some insight on what things there are to in Ixtapa Vs. Out of Ixtapa near the Azul hotel.

I love to walk and explore and would like to know the best places to do that!

More Info: I am going to make my first trip to Ixtapa in January and can't decide whether to stay in Ixtapa at the Krystal hotel or out of Ixtapa at the Azul Ixtapa. The Azul appeals to me as I live in a city and would prefer to spend time away from people. I am not a huge beach person so I am looking for hikes, bike rides, snorkeling, history and culture. Of course I plan to spend time in town but would prefer to stay out of town if these are offered near the Azul?

Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

Start by clicking on the Things To Do link.

Everything is a cheap taxi ride away so stay where you will be comfortable!

Keith

Edited: 16 October 2013, 19:49
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

Thanks for the response Keith!

I have reviewed that but am looking for some more naturey or less-touristy places to explore and which area is easiest to do that from.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

Hopefully a couple of the Taxi Tour aficionados will chime in for you!!

Keith

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

We hired Ulisses to take us to Barra for the day....very neat to explore the lagoon area. You can make it a day trip and he will show you sites along they way in a "non busy...not a big tour bus kinda scene...just what you want" way kinda day....we loved it.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 20:08
Chicago
Level Contributor
157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

If you stay at the Azul, you are about a mile or 2 from Playa Linda .As you leave the complex, head left follow along the street/bike trail.and you will first come across a viewing area above a lagoon and see quite a few crocs lounging on the shoreline .Counted 15 last summer .If you are lucky ,there is feeding time in the early afternoon .Quite a site !.There is a small concession area a little further down. Directly across the street is. Bike trail that will take you back to Ixtapa.A nice ride.The Azul may or maynot provide bikes. Otherwise ,there are 3 rental shops in the commercial area of Ixtapa.You can also catch a bus in front of the hotel that could take you to Ixtapa and all the way to Zihua for 9 pesos .You can view a picture from above the Azul where I rode my bike ,on my profile page

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

Ixtapa is not a city and the Krystal is in a better location to travel south as well as north .

7. Re: Things to do near Azul Ixtapa and Ixtapa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:21