We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

vancouver
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

Hello,

Experienced fisherman, father and son (18yr) from Vancouver BC, in Zihau from Dec 26 to Jan 9 are staying at the IRMA Hotel at La Madera beach.

Anyone wish to share a charter during this time? We plan on fishing for at least 5 or 6 days of our 14 days in Zhia. Fish one day then shore fun for another day kind of plan.

If the Yellow fin Tuna get closer to shore, we will not be resting up. HA!

Is there anyone interested in teaming up together?

Kind Regards,

Jim

Beaverton, Oregon
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

My wife and I are there Jan 6 thru Jan 16 .We fish Alaska every Summer near Bristol Bay and the Columbia River and Tillamook Bay all Summer and Fall for the mighty Chinook and Coho Salmon. my wife got a nice Yellow Tail off Kona last year , we are up for fishing ! Carlnash68@comcast.net. we live in Beaverton Oregon,her brother and sister in law own a Korean restaurant in Vancouver Bc.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

We aren't experienced fisherman but would love to go on a charter for a day. I don't know how many people a charter can take. We have 6 in our party including a 9 year old but not all of us would want to fish. If that sounds doable let me know and we can see if we can work it out.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

Kyle...Here is the link to Julio's Tours which I think you will enjoy going fishing with one of the local fishing captains...send him an email and he will gladly help you get all set up and you can enjoy a fun day of fishing.

Keep in mind when you go fishing...sometimes all you get....is back!! (haha)

http://www.juliostours.com/

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

Jim- if there are two of you who will be fishing, not sure you would really want to share with anyone....the fishing boats in this area are just pangas, not that big (22-26 feet long), and it is very inexpensive to fish- about $250 for a whole day deep sea or inshore fishing.

Also, the more people fishing on the boat, the less likely you will get to reel one in, IF you catch something....so for that reason, most people feel smaller groups are best- like 1-3 max.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

A 26' super panga will easily hold 6 people on the cushioned benches inside and out of the direct sun.

For offshore to catch a sail or marlin two people is best but for inshore up to 6 people is fine as there are so many different species to catch. All 6 should catch a fish or two or more. Most single engine pangas in the area are $200 a day. Twin engines (which are not needed) range from $250-$300 for the day.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

Good point about inshore allowing for more fishermen....that is true, Gary...I was mainly thinking of deep sea!

Single engine boats do make me a bit nervous...especially if you are going out for tuna, twenty plus miles or so!

Edited: 16 December 2013, 20:43
Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

We aren't necessarily interested in fishing but we are here at Irma too! We are from Seattle. Will keep an eye out for ya. :-)

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

We aren't necessarily interested in fishing but we are here at Irma too! We are from Seattle. Will keep an eye out for ya. :-)

los angeles
Level Contributor
840 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

J - Fishing is also about spending quality time with your 18 y/o. I'm not sure if he's gonna appreciate sharing a panga with 4 other strangers.

tight lines.

10. Re: Zihua & Ixtapa Shared Fishing from Dec 26 to Jan 9th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa