We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Las Brisas

Thinking about staying at Las Brisas this year is the $200 upgrade to include breakfast worth doing?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas

It gets you to the Club Floors which are suppose to be adult only if that matters to you.

Other than that? I would save the money and put it towards Room Service breakfast, and have my coffee on the balcony. (that's what we do)

Keith

Edited: 17 December 2013, 19:29
Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas

No kids would be fantastic after staying at the Azul for the past 8 years. Does the upgrade allow you access to Beach Club then? If so do you know if it includes Happy Hour and is the happy hour just that an hour? Are the beverage choices limited at all? This is booking thru Orbitz, I called but she was not sure.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas

Are you looking to book AI or European Plan ?

If A.I. here is what I posted earlier on the break down of our Las Brisas stay the end of October "13".

Price point for us is as follows:

Room service breakfast every day. (not incuded in AI)

Beach food and drink service every afternoon.

Dinner at whatever Al A Carte restaurant is open that evening, every evening. (also not on AI for every evening)

And lastly all of the tipping that we do. (and yes folks, you should be tipping against what your meal would cost non AI)

So, that said, with a couple of off site dinners and lunches during our last 8 night stay, at check-out we were at just about 850 U.S. for the two of us, or 425 PP.

The upcharge to buy the AI package for that stay would have been just over 1300 (or 650 PP) for us here in the U.S. and would not have included the above that were noted, nor any of the tips.

That is where it comes out for us. Your mileage may differ.

Keith

P.S. While in the scope of things the price point may not seem that large? What we save pays for a good part of my fishing.

P.P.S.S. DON'T FORGET TO USE THE ORBITZ PROMO CODE!!

Edited: 17 December 2013, 21:54
Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Brisas

I had to quick go find it again.

Promo code: MEXICO200

Minimum stay: 5 nights

Book by December 30, travel by December 23, 2014.

This is for Air and Hotel

Keith

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
450 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Brisas

For me the AI plan would be a big waste of money as we eat many if not most of our meals out and most in Zihuatanejo. We like to explore new restaurants and go back to old favorites.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Brisas

We would not do the AI plan but we were wondering about the upgrade for $200 on Orbitz website and if anyone knew what exactly it included. We usually eat breakfast skip lunch and a have an early dinner. We like to hang out on the beach most of the morning/afternoon we are looking for a place that has a more adult atmosphere (less kids then the Azul) and something with the seclusion from town like the Azul offers.

Thanks for the promo code Labrat.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Brisas

Here you go Frosty!

(from the website)

Brisas Beach Club Room:

Ocean view room of 547.68 sq. ft. The room includes one king size or two double beds, private sitting area with a couch and a table for two, completely new bathrooms with contemporary fixtures and deluxe amenities, mini bar, remote control TV, telephone, safety deposit box, Casa Blanca style ceiling fan and bathrobes, along with the famous oversized terrace with hammock, table, chairs with the spectacular view presented by the exclusive sandy bay along the Pacific. Continental breakfast is served daily in the Brisas Lounge on the 20th floor as well as a Cocktail hour with domestic brands and hors d´oeuvres. Maximum capacity: 3 adults or 2 adults. (No kids allowed in this category) Rooms located on the 20th and 21st level.

Keith

P.S. IMO, you would like it much more than the Azul if you are looking for peace and quiet.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Brisas

Keep in mind a International Tennis tournament will be taking place there the second half of January. No sure when you are going but it may be a bit hectic at that time.

9. Re: Las Brisas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa