We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubuque IA
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
smoking

What are the resorts that are most lenient on smoking and do all allow e-cigarettes everywhere.

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

I think will find most hotels will at least allow smoking outdoors. Especially if you do it with a purposeful degree

of respect for the non smokers. I doubt however that Mexico has gotten around to not letting you smoke e-cigs yet. That poor decision is reserved mostly for the US as far as I Have heard. You still have more rights in Mexico it seems.... Good luck on quiting if that is your goal with the e-cigs. It's a very difficult habit to kick.....but you can do it!

Edited: 01 January 2014, 00:00
WISCONSIN..U.S.A
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

Hi..if it looks like a duck..quacks like a duck it is a duck..!!!!!! same with your e-cigs.. looks like a cig..smoke (vapor) comes up it is a cig..they don't know the difference....and don't care...grab some nickerett and chew on them and if you need something to hold on to.. get some toothpicks in the corner of you mouth to feel like your smokeing...I feel for you am also a smoker but will spend my $ 200.00 fine from the hotel on restuerants in town and have a good time...they let me smoke...LOL...

Edited: 03 January 2014, 06:08
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

The KRYSTAL Ixtapa allows smoking in the rooms and balconies and at the pool and beach. They have smoking sections at the restaurant too. They even supply an ashtray on your balcony and at the pool. Thats why we go here every year.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

While there are smoking laws in Mexico, they are ignored. In Mexico smoke them if you got them. Just ask for an ashtray and they will bring you one. Enjoy a smoke after your meal right at your table.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,590 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking

That is the case less and less of the time, Mark.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smoking

Never been told I can't smoke in Mexico.

Dubuque IA
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smoking

Thanks everyone for your responses. Mexlove49 we always go to all-inclusive resorts so that elimnates the Krystal and we like lots of restaurant chooses. MarkB, could you tel me what resort you wear at that let you smoke at your table. Was that outside? I am still wondering about e-cigarettes are you allowed to use them anywhere. Thanks again for any help.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smoking

Mark B, buy a lotto ticket you have been lucky

We have seen get butted many times.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
187 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: smoking

Just ask for an ashtray and they will bring you one. Enjoy a smoke after your meal right at your table.

is this in respect to those of us non smokers who are trying to enjoy a meal or do you really care

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: smoking

If I am smoking when you come in to be seated, ask for a table up wind of me.

The Faux Cough isn't having an affect on me if I am in an area that I am allowed to smoke.

If I have to standout in -25 to smoke here, you better believe that I am pretty fed up with this attitude by the time i make it to where I can smoke inside.

There is always Hawaii for those of you that wish a smoke free environment.

Keith

Edited: 03 January 2014, 22:50
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa