We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Manzanillo Bay for Lunch - How?

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
To Manzanillo Bay for Lunch - How?

Several years ago we drove up to Manzanillo Bay and had a wonderful lunch and afternoon on the amazing beach. I'm thinking I'd like (if they are interested) to take our hosts up there for another amazing day but I'm wondering how to get there?? Can one hire a taxi and what would that cost? Would they stay for the afternoon? Any other alternatives?

I don't want to rent a car myself - I'm the youngest of the group at 65 and I like my Marg's! Does anyone know what a kinda half day hire on a taxi from Ixtapa to Troncones would be? I'd probably prefer that the same guy would stay around.

Your suggestions/ideas appreciated.

Hasta Holly

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Manzanillo Bay for Lunch - How?

Holly;

Rob's taxi rate chart has Troncones as 340? pesos from Downtown Zihuatanejo and 280? from Ixtapa.

(one way)

The question marks are due to no "official" rate established.

So you can use that as a benchmark when looking for someone to Tour you.

Keith

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Manzanillo Bay for Lunch - How?

Thanks so much Keith. Presume you mean Zihua Rob? Didn't think to check that but as you say, it gives me a benchmark. Much appreciated.

MG Holly

usa
Level Contributor
68 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Manzanillo Bay for Lunch - How?

Last year (Jan 2013) we paid 350 pesos to go to Troncones from Zihuatanejo (twice), and the same from Troncones to Zihua. In Troncones there seemed at times to be many taxis on the road between the T turn and Manzanilla Bay. The housekeeper in Troncones called for a taxi when we needed one. I expect that the place where you eat/lounge would call a taxi for you for return trip if you don't keep one for the whole trip.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Manzanillo Bay for Lunch - How?

Carlos is your man!

Carlos was referred to me 10 years ago and I have developed a great relationship with him. He's my go to for taxi service while in Zihua. I personally find the experience to be better when you have a "friend" waiting for you rather than a lottery of taxi drivers.

here's his website with contact info: http://www.tourswithcarlos.com/Tours.html

Hacienda Eden or Inn at Manzanillo Bay are two great places for lunch. if you venture a little further north, check out Martha's in Majaha.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To Manzanillo Bay for Lunch - How?

Muchas gracias mas amigos. I hadn't forgotten you - just that last minute busyness that happens before yo

u go away. :-))

I've written all this down in the iPad to have it handy and yes, I will do a trip report on return.

Again gracias

Holly

6. Re: To Manzanillo Bay for Lunch - How?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17