We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
158 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

1st Timers Need Place to Hang Out Tomorrow after Arriving around 11:30 am. and family arrives around 4:30 and we are allowed to into private villa. Want to remain in Zihua and prefer on the bay w/ view. Is there a hotel that we could check luggage with bellman and have lunch and cocktails and enjoy grounds, sun and view and shopping in very immediate vicinity for afternoon? Need to know today---our original plans changed today by family so now we are stuck waiting 5 hours to go to our villa until their flight arrives. Never been to Mexico and we want to stay close in---we will both be exhausted as we will have been working hard right up until vaca time and will enjoy the quiet down time before 10 of us converge into the villa! We really need to know today/tonight so we can let family know where to meet us tomorrow after their flight arrives. Heaps of thanks for suggestions, thank you, thank you. I don't have time to do my normal research.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

CAn you ask the taxi to bring you to LaPerla, Elvira's or Paty's...hang out on the beach all day till your place is ready. They are on Laropa Beach. Good luck!!

Have a great vacation.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

Fox,

Since it is mid-week, if it's in your budget, get a room at Villa Mexicana for the night.

You can be right on La Ropa beach, and when The Tribe arrives you can let them use your room to change and get comfortable before starting your trek to the villa.

Don't know about yous guys, but first think I want Wheels Down is a cigarette, second is a Shower!

Keith

Edited: 22 January 2014, 18:40
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
158 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

We can get into our villa tomorrow, but they don't want sporadic arrivals, they want us to come as a group so we have to wait until the 4:30 flight arrives. Thanks.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
158 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

We're hoping for the best of both worlds for our afternoon wait. A hotel with a restaurant, bar and view in which the luggage can be placed in a secure locked room like most major hotels do. I imagine this is possible. Thanks however for the beach restaurant suggestions, always a bonus in our book when vacationing in a beach destination!

BC
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

You might try the Aura del Mar and explain that you want to eat and leave your luggage for a couple of hours. When you enter from the street, the front desk is right there and the luggage room is beside it. They have a nice looking restaurant overlooking the beach, I never ate there though. The hotel itself is beautiful, you can visit with Carola, the parrot.

It is a short stroll to downtown Zihua from there, or you could just walk around Calle Adelita or along the beach boardwalk.

edited to add, Aura del Mar is on Madera Beach

If it was me paying for an expensive villa, I would just tell them when I am arriving and not let them dictate that you have to find somewhere else to hang out for five hours. Remember, you are the one paying. Good luck and have fun.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 19:31
UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

Come to think of it....when we arrived at our condo In the past this building complex did have a "side room " and shower room by the pool for this reason exactly and for those who needed to be out of their condo by a designated time but have a late flight?....maybe they have one and you can utilize it until you can get into your villa?

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
158 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

The situation is unique. The villa owners are very close friends of my husbands sister and husband--who are the one's arriving at 4:30. Anyway, my sister-in-law connected with them to let them know our arrival would be much earlier and they stated they were going to be very busy earlier in the afternoon and would prefer we all come together. As we are getting a great deal and a gorgeous place and that they are close friends, it's one of those sensitive social situations we've selected to accommodate and make a great afternoon from. Appreciate the suggestion! Thank you.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

I bet if you ask the Villa Mexicana front desk to use their beach (LaRopa), restaurant and pool for a little money they would be happy to accommodate you and lock your luggage up for the afternoon.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
158 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

Thanks everyone!

10. Re: First Timer Help! Need Hotel to Hang In Tomorrow Afternoon!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 07:41