We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety in Ixtapa

Park River, North...
1 post
Save Topic
safety in Ixtapa

I am traveling to Ixtapa with my family (kids) later this month. Starting to get cold feet about going because of travel warnings to this part of Mexico. Should I be concerned about Ixtapa?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety in Ixtapa

No.

Keith

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,187 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety in Ixtapa

Keith was right, if a bit too short and sweet.

Yes, it is safe. If you read the advisories, they specify that it is very safe, just stick to the tourist zones/vicinity of Zihua and Ixtapa. No problem. Otherwise, use normal common-sense precautions.

Oakdale, Minnesota
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: safety in Ixtapa

I have never felt unsafe in ixtapa. Warm your feet up and enjoy.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safety in Ixtapa

It is very safe! I feel safer in Zihuatanejo or Ixtapa then I do walking at night in Minneapolis. We have been traveling to Ix/Z since 1996, with kids and without. I have never felt unsafe for a moment.

Enjoy your trip!!

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety in Ixtapa

My wife has travelled to Zihua several times with other female friends, and has never felt uncomfortable walking around either Ixtapa or Zihua. That being said, if they were returning from La Ropa to the Irma hotel at night, they always took a taxi (40 pesos).

6. Re: safety in Ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa