We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Club Med

Broome, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Club Med

Hi, can anyone advise the approximate cost in Pesos for a tax from the airport to Club Med Ixtapa? Thanks.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Club Med

Airport Ground Transportation rates here:

http://www.zihuatanejo.net/airporttaxi.html

Keith

Broome, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Club Med

Cheers, thanks for that. On top of the 450 pesos, is it customary to tip also? If so, how much?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Club Med

Tipping taxi drivers is locally frowned upon.

Unless they do something Extra for you like carry bags (which they will want to do for you at the airport) carry groceries to a Condo door ect ect.

I usually tip no less than 20 Pesos if I am going to tip them, and usually the drivers that pick me up in the AM to haul me over to the pier in ZIhuatanejo to fish get 30 just because I like to start off their day with a smile.

I do however tip my Maids at the hotel daily (50 Pesos) as they switch shifts, and they all take such good care of us that I want them to not be missed.

Keith

Edited: 17 May 2014, 20:16
Broome, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Club Med

good to know, thanks.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Club Med

Labrat: Would that be 50 pesos per person (staying in the room) to the maids? In other words, 100 pesos per day for 2 people?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Club Med

No, just the 50 for the both of us.

But then we are neat freaks and have the place picked up before we leave for the beach lol.

Other's mileage may vary!

Keith

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport to Club Med

Gracias, Labrat!

8. Re: Taxi from airport to Club Med

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations