We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

My girlfriend and I stayed at the La Casa Que Canta recently for a long weekend. It was great time and a great hotel.

I will pop the question soon, and I think it would be cool to get married in Zihautanejo. La Casa Que Canta would be an a great venue, but I suspect it would be outragously expensive to have a wedding there.

One place that has caught my eye is the Amuleto hotel. It is small enough that we could rent out the entire hotel for a Friday and Saturday evening and have the ceremony there. Immediate family would stay at that hotel, and then I would arrange for a couple of other hotels (one expensive and one less expensive to account for differences in budgets), and the guests could stay at those hotels.

I suspect there would be about 50 guests. There would be a dinner Friday evening, people would be free to do as they wish Saturday during the day, the ceremony would be Saturday evening, followed by a dinner, music, drinks, etc.

Any ideas on the cost of something like that? (guests would pay for their own airfare and lodging) Would the Amuleto be a good venue? Other ideas for venues? Do you know of someone to contact in Zihuatanejo? etc.

Many thanks.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

Coop;

If your going to do it up big, with that many guests, I would agree with your contacting one of the local wedding planners. It will take a lot of the guess work out of it for you.

One of the contacts that I have heard does a good job, is Francisco Ibarra at La Perla on La Ropa in Z-Town. They are part of Don Francisco Properties, here's a link:

www.donfranciscoproperties.com/about.htm

Hope this helps.

Good Luck and Congrats!

Keith

2. Re: experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2006, 09:45
Bay Area
Level Contributor
228 posts
842 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

felicidades.

For the overflow hotels, check out deals for the Villa del Sol and Club Intrawest (contact Areceli), both on Playa La Ropa.

As you know, the Amuleto is high on the hill and has no easy access to the beach.

Houston
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

Thank you for the replies and the words of congratulations.

I would prefer to do everything "small", but I am not sure how much of a choice I have.

5. Re: experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2006, 14:14
6. Re: experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

Removed on: 20 October 2006, 14:55
7. Re: experience/knowledge throwing a wedding in Zihautanejo?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 16:16