We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Presidente

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Presidente

I was on line looking thru a list of resort and the Presidente came up any one stayed there or know anything about the resort thanks Jim.

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Presidente

Hotel El Presidente is one of the oldest hotels in Ixtapa, the original hotel was a low rise( 2 floors )structure and in the early 80`s the tower was built.

This hotel was owned by the Mexican federal goverment back then and has changed hands several times since then.

Stouffer, Intercontinental I believe the latter is still current.

It is now an all-inclusive affair, it is about the 5th. hotel on the strip when you aproach Ixtapa from the south, it seems to be a very popular place with mexican visitors I believe `cause you can eat and drink 24/7.

San Rafael...
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
439 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Presidente

I have stayed at the Presidente three times. Really enjoyed it. Make sure you either get a pool view room or a tower room with a balcony. They do not all come with balconies so you have to request one. The food is repetetive but you can always find something to eat. Room service is available 24 hours (with a $3.00 service charge) that is included in your all-inclusive (except steak, lobster, etc.). You can have beer delivered 24 hours per day if you like. The activities are fun and the pool bar is a blast. The lobby bar is fun also. Right across the street are lots of places to eat or drink. We stayed at the Barcelo last year and really missed the Presidente. Have fun.

Laurie

3. Re: Presidente

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 00:20
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations