We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo vs Melia Ixtapa?

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo vs Melia Ixtapa?

Ive stayed at the Melia before but not considering the Barcelo. Anybody like one better than the other?

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
951 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo vs Melia Ixtapa?

I walked thru the Barcelo and I was not really that impressed... personally I talked to a bunch of folks and they reccommended Las Brisas... saying the food was great, location was fine, hotel very nice... if I were to go back to Ixtapa I think I would head there instead. Barcelo was just a hotel on a strip with other hotels... and if you ended up in a street view room... YUCK!!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo vs Melia Ixtapa?

Katharyn has a good idea with The Las Brisas although a number of Regulars here like the Dorado.

Petaluma, California
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
401 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo vs Melia Ixtapa?

We were at the Barcelo in November. It was just an okay time. Food not impressive. Never made it to the theme night buffets. but heard they were good. Just kind of a dull time. Been to the Presidente a few times and enjoyed that much better.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo vs Melia Ixtapa?

I have never stayed at the Melia because of the location. I have stayed at the Barceló twice and loved it both times. The location is perfect for those 2 1/2 mile walks in the morning on the beach. The ala cartes are good Don Q's and Sunset Terrace. We really liked the lunch grill by the swim up bar during the day. The resort itself is aging but the staff was great. You are across the street from a nice outdoor mall that has everything from food-shirts-souvenirs-drinks.... You are also a 10 minute cab ride to ZIH and can walk to a golf course.. Good Luck.

5. Re: Barcelo vs Melia Ixtapa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations