We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo 12th floor bar

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo 12th floor bar

Can anybody go to this bar? Ive been reading so many reviews about the Barcelo but this is the first time Ive ever heard of a 12th floor bar.

Petaluma, California
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
401 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo 12th floor bar

I just read a review about it too. I have been there and never heard of it either.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo 12th floor bar

I'll be there this Thursday (5/8); will inquire about it & post it here when I find an Internet cafe.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo 12th floor bar

I have been there twice and never heard of a 12th floor bar. It would be interesting to find out information on this amenity...... I thought the 12th floor was junior suites or something!!

Lake County...
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo 12th floor bar

The 12th floor is "Club Premium" It's a $25.00 upcharge per person per day to be on the 12th floor and have access to the "Club Room" Free internet, breakfast and cocktails and snacks in the evening. Your call as to whether it's worth it or not.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo 12th floor bar

Does anyone know what their "Premium Club Rooms" look like - are they bigger than the deluxe rooms - bigger balconies? I have searched everywhere and can't find a picture of these rooms. I am finding the regular room balconies (at least the photos I have found) to be very small and cramped and wondering if it is worth the extra dollars if the balcony is bigger on the Club Room. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Canuck

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,794 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo 12th floor bar

The Premium Club rooms are oceanview, at the top, with special check in, late checkout if possbile, unlimited speciality restaurants, premium call beverages, plasma tv, CD and DVD and MP3 player, wireless telephone, premium amenities (shampoos), electronic newspaper and free internet. Snacks in room, local calls and a beach bag. Children will be allowed in this section..so it is NOT adult only. You have to buy this package when you book the reservation...it is not something that Barcelo will just upgrade you to with the major USA tour companies...they are all offering it at an upgraded price...appears to be about $300 a couple more for a weeks stay.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo 12th floor bar

Thanks for the info, TravelJudy. Do you know if the rooms are actually bigger or have better balconies?

Canuck

8. Re: Barcelo 12th floor bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations