We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly recommend Melia Azul

Milford,Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Highly recommend Melia Azul

Just returned from Melia Azul and had a wonderful time.Will post a full review shortly but wanted to reassure anybody this resort is extremely nice and well maintained.Staff were great .We would return again for sure.

Miss it already!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

I agree!

We just returned last night from a wonderful stay at the Melia.

Orillia Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

Melia Azul, can you tell me about the beach- can you swim, body surf and sail or is there a problem with undertow. Is there snorkelling nearby? How was the food--sorry for the questions just thinking of going there -some good deals on

thanks

MB

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

It's a nice compound, taxi drivers say jail. About 2-3 miles from town. Many prople enjoy the seclusion and isolation.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

Maborillia -

I just posted a trip report a couple of days ago which included information about the Melia. You can swim at the beach, and the activity booth at the pool has boogie boards to use for free. They also offer free kayak trips to Ixtapa island for snorkeling, again with their equipment. The hotel is out of the way, but I enjoyed the location. Just outside the lobby is a bus stop where you can hop a bus into either Ixtapa or Zihua. For me it was the perfect combination, a quiet setting removed from it all, but still a 5 minute bus ride to Ixtapa, 15 min to Zihua.

The food was very good at the reservations-only restaurants, loved the buffet breakfast, lunch and buffet dinners were nothing special but good enough. If I were to stay there again, I would in a heartbeat, but would have breakfast in the room (full kitchen) and eat dinners off-site

Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

Yes you can body surf, the waves are not huge but just last week they were slightly bigger then normal. You can walk the beach to Playa Linda which is a perfect spot to body surf or boogie board, down towards the river opening they surf (quite a few last week). You can take the water taxi over to the island for the white sand and some snorkeling, we did twice, and took the sail boat out one time.

The food is great at the reservation only restaurants and the the breakfast buffet. I thought the rest were pretty good, just didn't like the bbq night. They have Italian, Oriental, Taco fiesta on Thursdays with games for the kids, the snack bar(burgers, hot dogs, pizza, fries) a little of everything for everyone. We also ate off the resort for a few meals (Bandidos, Sunset Bar, Franks, Ixtapa Island, Rubens Burgers).

6. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 January 2009, 23:17
7. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 January 2009, 22:35
8. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 January 2009, 23:18
9. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

Removed on: 27 January 2009, 03:21
10. Re: Highly recommend Melia Azul

Removed on: 27 January 2009, 20:51
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations