We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa

Nebraska
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa

Has anyone stayed at Las Brisas Resort in Ixtapa recently? In exploring on the internet, it seems to beckon me. Looking for non-all-inclusive as would rather eat out and experience local culture, etc., and likely would save $ as well. I see it is apart from the town, how far though to walk or bus to restaurants in Ixtapa and/or Zihuat? How are the pools? I wasn't able to find out much on them. The beach? I did see that currents make swimming at that beach a little less than ideal. Is there gardens on the property?

Also would be interested in any other suggestions of Ixtapa/Zihuat. places to stay that would be of equal caliber. I'd like to pay under $200 per night, yet still have the best overall accomodation stay experience too.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,046 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa

If you are looking to go out to eat all the time...you will need to walk to various places...and it is not too convenient from here... The walk down the hill is easy...but remember you go down...you have to go back up when you return!

The bus is at the bottom of the hill that goes to Zihua...or to Ixtapa if you chose to do that... You can walk into downtown Ixtapa...but it would be so much easier to stay some place that is right along the "strip" in Ixtapa...like the Dorado Pacifico. Might want to look at that instead. Right across the street are most all of the Ixtapa restaurants and shopping...bus right on Ixtapa Blvd. to Zihua...just lots more convenient...

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa

Q. I see it is apart from the town, how far though to walk or bus to restaurants in Ixtapa and/or Zihuat?

A. You can actually see a sattelite photo on wikimapia.com. It is maybe 3/4 of a mile,but very scenic and safe/clean. The cabs are cheap but if you want to eat out each meal it will add up a bit.

Q. How are the pools?

A. Very nice, and one is adults only (in theory). They are a little bit away from the main building buy worth the walk. They are in general quiet and relaxing, with lots of trees etc..

Q. The beach? I did see that currents make swimming at that beach a little less than ideal.

A. The beach is very nice and private. There are no annoying vendors. I am used to swimming in the ocean and have never had issues. if you are looking for super calm waters you may be best off in the pools.

Q. Is there gardens on the property?

A. This is a key question IMO. This hotel in in a one-in-a-million location. it is like they dropped the hotel in a remote jungle, but on the coast. The walk to the pool is like you are in a Tarzan movie. There are hanging vines, lots of unique animals (Lizards, birds etc..) and it is the same on part of the beach. At sunset yu may likely see thousands of bats migrating to feed at night. You can also go to the top floors and have an amazing view into the canopy. The location is magical, and none of the others in Ixtapa have it. Another plus is that each room has a huge patio facing the ocean. I spent a lot of time out there during my trips. When we were there last the rooms were pretty darn basic for such an amazing place, but i understand that many/all have been updated in the last few years.

If you can live with a $4-5 cab ride a few times a day, and pricey on-site food and drinks go for it. If you are looking to save a few bucks consider an in town location, or even a condo rental.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,893 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa

1X on 2shorties!

Keith

4. Re: Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations