We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

I am thinking about having my wedding in Ixtapa this fall. I am choosing Ixtapa because I've been there only once vs multiple times at many other Mexico resort towns. I went to my friends wedding at Dreams in Cabo a few years ago and would like to do something similar. I know I want an all inclusive and expect the headcount to be around 100. We're in our mid to late 30s.

Any tips or all inclusive recommendations?

Thanks!!

-Marianne

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

If it's all inclusive you want, and in Ixtapa, the only word is Barcelo.

IMO

Keith

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

yes, im getting that impression from what I've been reading but all the comments about it being dated concerns me. It is on my list though.

What do you think of the InterContinental Presidente?

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

When we were at Las Brisas several years ago someone was getting married on the grassy area on the lobby level. It was set up beautifully, and can still remain somewhat private. The space can easily hold enough tables for 100.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

iismkb,

Just me, but I think the Barcelo is the nicer property for all inclusive.

If you decide not to do an all inclusive hotel, then I would recomend the Dorado Pacifico in a heartbeat! With you reserving the Master Suite on the very top of the hotel for yourselves!

Keith

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

Keeping in mind that I have no idea your wedding budget, I can tell you that we received quotes for wedding packages at the Barcelo. The cheapest was about $1,650, then more lavish packages for $1,890 and $1,920. For instance, one had a private dinner that cost $$'s but yet everyone was already paying for an all inclusive meal. Am thinking for 100 people the meal alone will be quite expensive. It just seemed outrageous because it was all on top of the all inclusive plan. If you want to send me a pm, I'll send you the break-downs. My suggestion would be to find a good wedding cooordinator in Zihuantenjo and do it independently unless the cost is not an obstacle.

POMONA,CALIFORNIA
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

I am getting Married in Zihuatanejo at the Tides resort in three weeks (March 6). The majority of my guest are staying in Barcelo, Kyrstal resorts in Ixtapa. The ceremony will be on Playa Ropa which in my opinion is the best beach to hold a beach wedding ceremony. Reception to follow at a nearby restaraunt called Escollera which has an amazing view of the bay. I recommend looking at other optoins then AI . Price is not that much more and without all the restrictions alot of other AI resorts have. . Good luck !

Dalla, Texas
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

I would have to say that with such a big group I'd see if you could stay at the Dorado and do all-inclusive there. They have an AI plan that you can buy once you arrive. Never seen it available on a booking site like Orbitz, but they do have it once you get there. Email the manager. I bet he might could set up a good deal for you guys since its such a large group.

The food at the Barcelo is not good. We stayed there once when the Dorado was booked. We still ate out alot because we thought the food was gross (and we aren't foodies or picky eaters). The food at the Dorado has always been really good. Plus, the staff at the Dorado is much nicer/accomodating.

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

Hola !! I am Esthela Buenaventura, Guest Relations Manager at the Presidente InterContinental Ixtapa All-Inclusive Resort and I have just read your posting regarding your thoughts on having your Wedding here in beautiful Ixtapa. Please contact me so that I can send you information on the wonderful and memorable weddings we have done at our Resort.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

thanks everyone...i changed the local to Puerto Vallarta. Really appreciate all the feedback!!!!

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Ixtapa this fall

Hello, We are the Presidente InterContinental Ixtapa All-Inclusive Resort and have had many memorable weddings. Does a Sunset Wedding on the beach sound appealing? Our Wedding Coordinator is Celina Quirino. Please get in touch.

Cordially,

Esthela Buenaventura

Guest Relations Manager - Ixtapa

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations