We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel help please

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to hotel help please

I am flying to Ixtapa next week. I have not booked any shuttle to get to the hotel from the airport. Is this something I should be reserving early or can I just grab a taxi that day. I read somewhere taxis were not allowed to transport from airport to hotels in Ixtapa but not sure if is true. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,987 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel help please

You can taxi, bus or share a colectivo. See http://www.zihuatanejo.net/airporttaxi.html

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,318 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel help please

As soon as you get your luggage and go through security there is a taxi counter right before you go outside. Pay them and they will get you a taxi to your resort.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel help please

Grab your ticket as soon as you pay and head outside to a long line of waiting taxis. DO NOT let a time share guy talk you into a free ride or grab your taxi ticket. This happened to us and he wouldn't give it back until we heard his little speech.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to hotel help please

Make sure that you use a DEBIT card at the ATM in the airport to exchange for peso's. Always pay in peso's.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to hotel help please

When you booked your hotel, doesn't it comes with airport transfers? Many packages do...

Just for your information, you will NOT be flying to Ixtapa...the airport is in Zihuatanejo and you will be landing there.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to hotel help please

Thanks for the advice. We are traveling with 4 children and 3 adults so was worried we would be stuck in the airport for hours waiting for a shuttle or something. But it sounds like taxis are easily accessed and hopefully won't take too long.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to hotel help please

Even tho our last trip included a bus shuttle in the price, we had left Chicago at 6 a.m., it was 11 .a.m. in Zihua and we were ready for the beach! We were at the Dorado in no time flat by purchasing our own taxi fare. It's just a matter of personal preference but you'll get through the airport and be on your way to your hotel in no time flat!

8. Re: Airport to hotel help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations