We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacifica Master Sands?

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sunny california
Level Contributor
49 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Pacifica Master Sands?

I just booked a 2 bedroom Pacifica Master Sands room with RCI. We were assigned unit 1150. Does anyone know anything about this place? Is it nice? I can't seem to find too much information on the Master Sands rooms. I appreciate any help. THANK YOU!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacifica Master Sands?

You will have views to die for...you can get to the beach via their beach trucks that roam the property...walk down LOTSSSSS of steps...or sometimes take the tram from the upper restaurant area down to the beach. (I say sometimes...as sometimes it is broken, if your villa is not up that high it doesn't work...and sometimes it is busy with just restaurant guests...).

Did they tell you that you have to buy the all inclusive plan? If you are not an owner...and if you exchange with RCI it has been a requirement...such a shame to be forced to just have to eat there...when there are so many wonderful restaurants to enjoy in both Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo...

I lived a couple of years at the Pacifica...I don't know their numbering system very well, but it is a huge place, pretty well run and the villas are all decorated differently, and are of all different categories...so hard to nail it down as to what you might have.

Pinawa, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacifica Master Sands?

My wife and I stayed at Pacifica Sands in Dec. '08. Not sure if it's the same as "Master" Sands, but you can read my review and ask more questions if you'd like. We were thru RCI as well.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacifica Master Sands?

There are 3 kinds of "sands" units. Master is a 2 bedroom, then the Senior Sands which have no/minimal steps, then Sands Suites which are one bedrooms. They are all in the same oceanview complexes...just arranged differently.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacifica Master Sands?

The AI fee can be as high as $69 USD per person per night, typically paid at check-in. I have stopped using RCI in Ixtapa as most are now AI mandatory. My last trip in December 2009, we rented a 2 bedroom condo for less than the AI charge for 3 of us.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacifica Master Sands?

Those AI fees are a drag, thanks for that information. My folks have an RCI timeshare that they're eventually going to give us and I've been telling hubs we can use it in Ixtapa. But I won't do it at that price.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacifica Master Sands?

Here is the map showing where your unit will be...think it is showing up as #15 on the map...sort of in the middle of the other units...and not "out" towards the ocean as much as I thought it would be.

pacifica.com.mx/pacificaresort/esp/images/ma…

You will not be convenient at all to the tram from the looks of it...so either the trucks or walking down lots of steps to get to the road that takes you to the bridge over the creek (where they feed the alligators daily)...to get to the beach chairs. Your complex will have reserved chairs on the beach...check in with the attendant to find out where they are.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 18:37
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pacifica Master Sands?

obsession57

Yeah, those AI fees are a waste. Imagine how you could eat in town for $207 USD for 3 people each day. I used to stay in the villas at the Barcelo when you could opt out of the AI. I go to the BVG now.

8. Re: Pacifica Master Sands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 05:30
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations