We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

denver
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

Its been a very long time since I was there and I want a very good AI with a few restaurants to choose from and an exersise room

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

Define what a good AI is? Also what else are you looking for: location/close to shopping, private beach, theme nights, quality of liquor, room amenities (safe, stocked mini refrigerator, oceanview, king bed/2 double beds, etc...), pool activities, swim up bar, outside restaurants, lobby bar, time of year you are going, etc....... My wife and I have been to Ixtapa a few times and this will help us give you our recommendation!! Ted&Julie

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

mitzim,

Barcelo.

When booking, be sure to get an OV room.

Keith

denver
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

Good food and liquor. Nice view. 2 beds. Close to shopping if possible. Exercise room. A few Restaurant choices at the hotel. Clean and safe.

Plummer, Minnesota
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

We stayed the Barcelo last year....can't imagine anything much better.....

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

And even better than the variety of restaurants at any of the Ixtapa hotels is the variety of restaurants in Zihua, which makes a fun destination in the evenings. Just food for thought. If you decide against AI, consider the Dorado Pacifico.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

I would agree with Keith & Dano then and select the Barceló. I think there liquor selection is better than the InterContinental Presidente (the other place I was thinking about because I we loved there oceanfront rooms and weekly beach party). The Barceló has two ala cartes at night and does have theme nights all week long. They do have one of the nicer mexican fiesta nights under the big top. I would upgrade to an oceanview room (no mountain view) and request a room on the 4th floor or above to see over the palm trees at the gorgeous sunset. The Barceló does have a nice exercise room that was built 5 years ago when they built the second pool. The main pool has a nice swim up bar. The only negative is the lack of a nice lobby bar and the pool areas does not have any quiet area at all. My reviews and pictures for both properties (Barceló & Presidente) are under my profile. If you have any questions please ask away!! Good luck on your choice!! Ted&Julie

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

It sounds like you would want the Premium category at the Barcelo...that way you get the top shelf liquor, no limit as to how many times you can do a restaurant, and you get the best rooms in the house.

denver
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

Thank you all for your information. Still Undecided.

Calgary
Level Contributor
112 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

obsession57 - I think it may have been you before (or not), but I've reviewed other posts referring to the Dorado as a NON AI??? I'd really like some clarity on this, as we're booked in Nov as AI, so I'm wondering if it's similar to La Brisas semi-AI (euro version)?? This will help me budget better if certain things are not included. You're advise is much appreciated.

Sonia

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best AI resort in Ixtapa fro a party of 3 women

Hi, I'm not familiar with the meal plan options at the Dorado, I just know that it's a good place to stay if you DON'T want an AI hotel. We've never had a meal plan there, we just charge lunch and drinks to the room and get a $15/day credit as part of our package. We eat most evenings in Zihua.

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations