We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

We are currently at the Dorado Pacifico. If there are any specific questions, I will do my best to answer. Rob.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

Hope you are having a great vacation. Could you please let me know which is the lowest floor I can request, but still has a view of the ocean. How has the food been? Is it starting to get busy both at the hotel and in Ixtapa? We are counting down the days now. Thank You so much....

Dreamer

Edited: 06 January 2012, 12:40
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

Hope you are having a great vacation. Could you please let me know which is the lowest floor I can request, but still has a view of the ocean. How has the food been? Is it starting to get busy both at the hotel and in Ixtapa? We are counting down the days now. Thank You so much....

Dreamer

Edited: 06 January 2012, 12:40
Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,318 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

We will be there in 3 weeks!! Can you tell me what the dress code for both men and women are for the breakfast and lunch buffet (not dinner because we already know that)?? We have heard that the men can not wear shirts without sleeves for breakfast or lunch! Also do they allow insulated mugs by the pool and how big our the glasses (usually 8 oz. cups) for drinks at the pool bar (we bring koozie's to fit over the bar drink cups and want to make sure we bring the right size)?? Ted&Julie

WISCONSIN..U.S.A
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

Hi..hope you are haveing a great time,,how many bottles of water do they give you each day.. am a coffee hound and do they have pots in the room..??Thanks..

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

HAPPY,

Yes they have the little two cuper pots in the room, with the packets.

The pot of room service coffee is by far better.

Keith

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

Food has been fairly good, Japanese was a bit of farce, but chalk that up to being new. Portions are small and I would suggest an appy with entre. Hotel is running about 30 % occupancy right now and no problem getting chairs or into restaurants. Not all are open every night. Mini fridge wasn't stocked for 3 days, even with phoning front desk. Now being stocked with 4 water, 5 Corinitas and 4 pop. Bring shirts with sleeves, no sleevless even at breaky buffet or lunch time (pain in the as$), but shorts seem fine. Girls seem to wear whatever they want ??? 10th floor would be the lowest, with a full view. Not if you have booked partial, then probably 12 or 13. We are using insulated Bubba mugs and insulated cups with no problems. If you need a good coffee in the morning (before 7) do your self a favour and get some Starbuck Vias, coffee in the room sucks.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,318 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

rlbarton - thanks for the info with the dress code for breakfast and lunch!! Hopefully in the future they will change a few things after they get complaints from there customers. We are still looking forward to our fist visit to the Dorado and our 6 stay in Ixtapa!! Ted&Julie

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,318 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

rlbarton - A few more questions what type of pop in the mini-refrigerator (coke vs pepsi); what type of tap beer by the pool and do they have bottle beer at the lobby bar at night, we upgraded to full ocean view room to have a any room numbers to recommend with a king bed and finally is the in room safe digital or key?? Thanks again for all of your info!! 21 more days for us!! Ted&Julie

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

In rooms safes are the programmable digital.

Mini-bar pop was Fanta, Coke, Coke-lite.

Mini-bar was not auto stocked each day, so every afternoon on the way to the beach we would stop at the front desk and tell them what we needed.

Did you check the price of the OV room Vs the Family Suite OV? On Deltavacations.com it was actually cheaper to upgrade to the suite than the OV King, and you get better views and two balconies! Suites are on the face of the hotel and are numbers XX14 & XX15 so the best views in the OV rooms will be right next door.

With the new floor numbers (starting at 10 now) anything above 12 will be the better views and the higher you are the less pool noise.

Keith

Edited: 07 January 2012, 18:30
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Currently at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, questions ?

Thank You so much for taking the time to answer my questions. Have

a great time! We so look forward to our return, can't wait!

Dreamer

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations