We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best all inclusive

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
best all inclusive

we are looking for all thoughts on the best all inclusive resort in Ixtapa in a good location with a good beach where there are not alot of kids ( I wanted an adults only but apparently they do not exist in Ixtapa) and where the pool does not get blocked by the hotel early in the afternoon. im assuming the pools will be in full sun all day because we are on the other side of Mexico compared to Cancun where the sun was gone by 230-3pm. :( we are looking at going the beginning of October and Im hoping it will be a bit warmer than when we went the end of November last year. Thanks for any and all info.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best all inclusive

Jack,

The beginning of October is going to be very hot and very humid.

Any hotel on the main beach is going to have the beach/pool in Full Sun from 10 am until it sets into the ocean, so take you pick.

There will be few kids at any of the hotels in the area at that time, and most hotels in the area are going to run about a 35% occupancy rate at that time.

If you are planning on fishing, and have an idea of who you want to fish with, be sure to contact them about your plans, as Sept/Oct is when those that want work done, pull the boats for upgrades etc etc.

Check the hotel reviews, and be sure that your selection has REAL good air-conditioning. You are going to need it.

Keith

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,445 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best all inclusive

It will be hot and you will have sun until sunset!! I think you ask this question in mid-December on AI resorts!! Ted&Julie

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best all inclusive

thanks for all the info!! we do want hot and humid weather.

after being in Cancun the end of Novemeber we said we'd never go that late again!! LOL

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best all inclusive

i did and i did a search today and couldnt find the link??? after hours of researching destinations we are going to go to Ixtapa and just hope there arnt alot of kids there and that we find a resort we really like.

my husband doesnt want to stay in a high rise but i dont think he will have a choice.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best all inclusive

If you don't want to stay in a High Rise, then I suggest Zihuatanejo.

Check Rob's site: http://www.zihuatanejo.net/hotels.html

and VRBO : http://www.vrbo.com/

And TA: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g150795-Zihuatanejo_I…

for accommodations.

Keith

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best all inclusive

And you don't need to book AI either--whether you stay in Ixtapa or Zihua, there are dozens upon dozens of great restaurants.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best all inclusive

we may end up eating at some of the other restraunts around town but we definetly are doing the all inclusive

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best all inclusive

there arnt any all inclusives in Zihua is there??

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,445 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best all inclusive

jackmuk - The Presidente has both!! They have 3 story buildings and a tower buidling. The three story buildings have garden, pool and oceanfront rooms!! The tower rooms are near the street but are alll oceanview rooms except for the first floor. Under my profile I have pictures from our oceanfront room - 3rd floor they are near the swim up bar and terrace restaurant. What is nice about the oceanfront rooms they have a stocked refrigerator and a great sunset view from your balcony. But as Labrat said you will see some kids and infants at every all inclusive resort and on weekends vacationers from Mexico City will be at the resorts!!! Ted&Julie

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best all inclusive

how is the pool there?? the pool looks small?? do they have an activities staff?? the beach looks wonderful!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations