We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More on "Flights"

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
More on "Flights"

Seems everyone (or most) who repeat trips to Zihua/Ixtapa, and those first timers, continue to struggle with airline connections. May I suggest that all of you do as I have and contact Southwest Airlines asking them to consider servicing Zihua/Ixtapa. With their purchased of AirTran, they now have the access (and required authorization) to the flights that AirTran had to the Caribbean side of Mexico, so flights to the other coast shouldn't be that big of deal. I'd love to have a direct flight from Milwaukee but would gladly settle for a reasonably priced same day flight through one of there hubs. With their hubs in the Phoenix and Dallas, seems like a great place to continue on to Zihua.

I would encourage you to go to www.southwestairlines.com and go to the bottom of the page, click on "contact us" and let them know that you would like them to consider adding service to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. It can't hurt.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More on "Flights"

Hey Ted...I went ahead and did this per your request as I also would love to see more flights added out of Milwaukee.

Good idea and it certainly cannot hurt.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More on "Flights"

Way to go Maryann, I really believe if they get enough requests, and they are passed on to those who call the shots, Southwest may seriously look at providing service there. They responded to my e-mail the same day so I know at least one person there "heard" me.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More on "Flights"

I got a response too...here is my copy and paste...Would love to see this all come together for all of our sakes as well as the folks in Zihua for our business.

Dear Mary,

We appreciate your interest in having Southwest Airlines bring our low fares and friendly faces to Zihuatanejo. Whether or not it will join our ranks remains to be seen, but, if it can generate the volume of local Customer traffic that is essential for sustaining our presence, we will consider it as we are always reevaluating ways to maximize our flight schedule. In the meantime, we will let our Network Planning Leadership know of your wishes.

Sincerely,

Nancy, Southwest Airlines

The file reference number for your e-mail is 27689441748.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More on "Flights"

Southwest needs to hear from more people like you Maryann. Personally I've only flown on Southwest a couple times, but each time was very enjoyable. Their boarding process takes a bit getting used to but the service and friendliness on board were outstanding each time. One free check-in bag is also a nice touch these days. Their tentacles of destination service are so numerous (and even more so with the acquisition of AirTran) that I believe it would be great if they should add (even if just seasonally) service to Zihua.

Bay Area
Level Contributor
228 posts
843 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More on "Flights"

Great idea. I just sent an e-mail to Southwest.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More on "Flights"

Terrific, lets keep it going.

7. Re: More on "Flights"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations