We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On are way.................

Which Ixtapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Petaluma, California
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
401 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
On are way.................

Bye everyone..................we are on our way to Ixtapa/Zih. Thanks for everyones input-it has really helped alot. Will post when I get home.

Laurie

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On are way.................

Hi Pingee ~

So how was your trip?

Im going to Ixtapa/Zih in Dec...Interested to hear how it was & what to do.

Was the weather ok?

Petaluma, California
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
401 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On are way.................

Hi Pickle06 - Our trip was wonderful. You will love it. In Ixtapa there isn't really anything to do. The beaches are wonderful but it is just full of bars and restaurants and lots of shopping. It is fun to walk around and people watch. Do go to Ixtapa Island. It costs $35.00 and you get transportation round trip from your hotel, a boat ride to the island, lunch and a drink (soda or beer). You just sit under a palapa all day and watch the beautfiul surroundings. The water is so clear and warm. There is snorkleing, banana boats, kayaks, shopping. It was an excellent trip. Other than that we went into Zih a few times and sat by the bay and watched the fishermen come in and out. Just being there is so relaxing. Shrimp tacos, margaritas, fresh guacamole. Albertos silver shop in Zih has excellent jewelry. They even give you a Corona while you are shopping! I could go on and on about the relaxing beauty of it all, but I think you get my point. We are going back next year just because of Zih. I hope you have a great time. If you have any other qquestions I may be able to help you with them. Where are you guys staying?

Laurie

Petaluma, California
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
401 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On are way.................

Oh yeah........the weather was warm and humid. We did have a couple days of rain and thunder and lightening. But, that was unusual I hear because it was a late season hurricane going by.

Laurie

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On are way.................

Thx for the info Pingee

We are staying at the Prseidente Continental - considered a 4* - but who really knows what that means. Ive heard both bad and good reviews on this site, so Im keeping my fingers crossed. As long as its clean, the sun is out and the food is good I'll be happy.

What is the travel time/transport cost to Zih from Ixtapa. Did you find that travel costs, etc were fairly well priced? Is it like a public transit bus that takes you to/from or hotel-based charter?

Are there markets in Ixtapa as well as Zih (I dont want to blow all my shopping Money in the first few days)

Is it worth renting a car and touring around on our own in that area? (probably note wise as first-time Ixtapa/Zih tourists) - I assume not

We are staying at an all inclusive but do you suggest any particular restaurants or entertainment ideas in either places off the resort?

Well, Im glad its a relaxing place and I dont have to push my way through thousands of tourists like some popular destinations.

Thx again for the info.

Petaluma, California
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
401 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On are way.................

Just found out you're staying at the Presidente. That's were we stayed also. My review should be posted soon. Check it out. Great place. Second time there.

Laurie

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: On are way.................

Hi Pickle06

Aloha Broddder

ops wrong trip

My Ixtapa picks are the Dorado as it's Centrally located In ixtapa in the Heart of the hotel zone-Easy access and a bank right next door for money excahnge.villa la selva and El faro have the best food in Zihua as they both have great food and views to match.No need to rent a car In Ixtapa /Zihua as the cabs are about $5 USA or in some cases $3 into town.and when you get into town there's a great Bar/meeting place BANDITOS! Let the wife have the pesos across the street shopping while you relax with a cerveza.Lots of Great people on this board Labrat,Peddler ,Bacuccus and Travel Judy(no relation to Judy In Canada) so some over to our board.

By the Way I booked a hawaii trip For July of 07

Poolside at the Dorado In Feb 07(best time to go)

Mex25

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: On are way.................

Hi Pingee

By the way i agree with you on albertos -nice stuff and great prices

They were on my Parasail Parachte when I went parasailing in Ixtapa

Mex25

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: On are way.................

Did you say Para-Sailing....Ok.....Im a little excited....How much is that going to cost US$ approximately.

Should I book via the hotel or here @ home before I leave?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: On are way.................

Pickle;

$20 U.S. on the beach. No need to book anything, just walk up and wave the cash. BUT.... I gotta tell ya up front, the pet term for parasailers is Dope ona Rope! LOL

Have a Great Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: On are way.................

Keith I was there the day the guy crashed through the Palapa at La Perla in 2001 killing himself & seriously injuring the couple under it. In addition I know personally 3 others killed doing it so good luck to any who chose to try it!

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations