We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years at the Barcelo and other info requested....

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New Years at the Barcelo and other info requested....

Hello everyone,

We are booked into the Barcelo Dec 31 - Jan 7. Does anyone know anything about New Years celebrations at the Barcelo? Are there any activities or celebrations? Is it included in the cost or is there a fee? Also, we are wondering if we need/can book anything in advance. There doesn't appear to be an email for the hotel.

I noticed on the website that for Don Quijote's restaurant, that attire is formal. Is that just shoes and shirt, pants/skirt or tie, etc.?

My fiance is planning on doing some golfing down there too. Does anyone know if we need to book tee times ahead of going or does the hotel do that? Do they get a discount?

Thanks for any help!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years at the Barcelo and other info requested....

Charmosa1 - Don't know anything about the NY Eve's activities but spent two weeks there in February 2006 (look back at my review and pictures back in March 2006). Go under Barcelo.com and click at the bottom of the page for “contact us” and follow the directions. Don Q's require pants for the male but the sunset grill (outside) does not. You can make reservation for both restaurants when you get there (she is there at 9:00am). The restaurant reservation desk is across from the front desk and adjacent to the atrium buffet. We golf at the course right next to the resort walking distance. We rented clubs and they were OK (I am left handed 8 handicap). If you don't bring your clubs I would for sure bring your golf shoes, balls and tees (expensive). They do have a two-five day special but we only played once. The cost for me was $90 for 18 holes, club rental, and ½ cart. If you have any others feel free to ask. Have a great time. T&JWisconsin

toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years at the Barcelo and other info requested....

big celebrations at the Barcelo for New Years as is with all the hotels down there.

Ask you travel agent to check to see if it is included, we always go for 2wks so ours is included.

we love the new years partys outdoors ( we always run down to the beach for fireworks , the barcelo when we were there had beautiful ice sculpters at the entrance and it was a very good party.

brookfield
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years at the Barcelo and other info requested....

I would not eat dinner at the Barcelo. Although my favorite resort there food is just not good. I would recomend villa de salva in Ixtapa, great food and great view of ocean, kal kan in zihuat, great view great food. or coconuts in zihuat., also great food and beautiful restaurant, Shirt and slacks for gentelman, A dress or nice top and slacks for ladies. Any cab driver will take you to any. you will not be disappointed by any of thes choices

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years at the Barcelo and other info requested....

Patzman- FYI It's Villa de la Selva (House of the Jungle) & I must disagree about Coconuts. Very High Prices with mediocre food & so-so service IMO. For the cost of a couple of dinners there I eat for a week elsewhere.

toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years at the Barcelo and other info requested....

kal kan is expensive and the meal we had there was terrible, terrible, terrible

i would never go back for that kind of money.

if you want a party atmosphere than one of the hotels is your best choice but if you want something romantic and intimate a would suggest a restaurant.

there is a little French restaurant in front of the Park Hotel ( across the street ) that was absolutely wonderful something SOL and the prices were reasonable,

6. Re: New Years at the Barcelo and other info requested....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations