We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

concerns about the presidente

Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
concerns about the presidente

I have been reading some reviews about the presidente: specifically about the lack of chairs poolside and on the beach and that this hotel may not be measuring up to some earlier reviews it had. Does anyone have some recent info on the presidente and can comment?

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
49 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: concerns about the presidente

when we were there it was the high season - week before Christmas and although it was very busy we didn't have a problem finding chairs on the beach although you did have to go a put something on them to reserve. this is definitely not a 5 star hotel but for the price we paid we thought it was absolutely fine.

lots of families when we were there, mostly Mexican families with lots of kids who were having a really good time.

if I was paying $1500 for a week I might not have been as pleased but for the very low price we paid we were happy.

they couldn't possibly put anymore chairs poolside and if they opened up the ones which are reserved for the suites down on the beach there would be more than enough

Southwestern Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: concerns about the presidente

I am planning on going there next week with my sister and her family and I don't care if they don't have lounge chairs, I will sit in the sand. I know you will have a great trip!

San Rafael...
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
440 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: concerns about the presidente

We were there in late November. Although not high season it was packed and we never had a problem getting any chairs around the pool or on the beach. We were usually the first people up in the morning (we're earlybirds) and there was not any saving of chairs going on. The stuff left on chairs was usually stuff people forgot from the night before. We even ran into people who were passed out on the chairs with empty booze glasses all around them. They were a bunch of kids from a bar in Chicago. Be aware that the staff puts out towels over the numbered palapas and chairs to save them for the guests who are paying top dollar and reserving suites and junior suites as that is part of their package. Other than that - no problemo!! Have fun.

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: concerns about the presidente

i stayed at this hotel dec. 25 to jan 0l... please read my review.

yes, the chair situation was awful.

5. Re: concerns about the presidente

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations