We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
765 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Hi Everyone! Just got back last night! We had a great time! No problems whatsoever! I will answer any questions if I can. I know I had a ton of them before we left. I would like to mention a few things I had questions on.

1) No mosquitoes at all. Not one bite.

2) Beach is crushed coral. Kind of uncomfortable to walk on. Wearing water shoes is a must if going in water.

3) We never needed pesos anywhere.

4) We took a cab into playa $20. each way. We had a great driver named Arnoldo. We got cab right at resort.

5) Used entertainment-plus.com for airport transfers-excellent. $115. round trip.

6) Booked a half day tour to Tulum on cancundiscounts.com. $39. per person. excellent. We had a great Mayan tour guide.

7) Yes, we did play the towel game at the beach. You won't get anything to lay on if you don't.

If I think of any more I'll ad on. Please don't hesitate to ask anything. I'll post a review later.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Been there but just curious about your thoughts.

How was the food?

Which type of room did you have and how was it?

I really would like to go back again, but lately the wife doesn't seem to want to repeat any of the resorts we've been going to.

NC
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

How was the water temp in the ocean and pools? Was the night entertainment worth seeing?

Thanks

michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Is there a gym on site?If so how was the equipment?How was the food,do they limit your al carte visits,did you notice the "smell" I have read about in the reviews?Where was your room,what kind of view did it have?How was the water quality in front of the resort clear,calm or wavy and murky?Is there any nightlife or does the resort pretty much die down after sunset?

thanks alot.

Nawlins
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

What about the drinking water? Do they have bottled everywhere?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
765 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Hi! I will answer everyone's questions the best I can.

DonCarlos-Food was pretty good, just very slow in restaurants. We had a garden view room-number 3818. Room was beautiful! Was in one of the new buildings above a swim up. Very pretty view of gardens.

LivinglargeNC-Ocean was pretty warm. Water shoes are a must. Pools were only chilly when you first got in. Not real impressed with entertainment. We didn't watch much. We would rather hang out on beach after dinner!

Diverdown-Yes there was a gym but we didn't use it. Food was good-you can order as much as you want of anything. Only noticed smell when walking by it. Not very often. I think it depends on wind direction. We never smelled it in or outside of our room.It was pretty windy all week, so water was wavy. Clear but rocky in front of resort. Fairly lively at night,quiet during day.

RDG374-Bottled water in rooms. Filtered glasses of water in restaurants & bars. Never an issue.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Just wondering if you could provide any information about the three premium suites. Our travel agent mentioned them for us to consider as a possible selection for our stay.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Hey Suzy-Q!

I never did find you or Sunflower, but glad to hear you had a great vacation. Ours was wonderful too. I just posted my review. Keep in touch!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
765 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Hi Stretch22, Premium suites are very much ocean front. They all are swim up & have their own beach bed right in front. Very nice! I would have loved them!!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
765 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

suebizzel, I ran into sunflower. She is still there. Lucky her!! I kept listening for that southern accent! Sorry we didn't run into each other!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from EDSS-questions anyone??

Suzy-Q,

Is the towel game only for the beach beds or for the loungers as well? Is there a spot on the beach that is less crowded?

Cheers