Hi Everyone! Just got back last night! We had a great time! No problems whatsoever! I will answer any questions if I can. I know I had a ton of them before we left. I would like to mention a few things I had questions on.
1) No mosquitoes at all. Not one bite.
2) Beach is crushed coral. Kind of uncomfortable to walk on. Wearing water shoes is a must if going in water.
3) We never needed pesos anywhere.
4) We took a cab into playa $20. each way. We had a great driver named Arnoldo. We got cab right at resort.
5) Used entertainment-plus.com for airport transfers-excellent. $115. round trip.
6) Booked a half day tour to Tulum on cancundiscounts.com. $39. per person. excellent. We had a great Mayan tour guide.
7) Yes, we did play the towel game at the beach. You won't get anything to lay on if you don't.
If I think of any more I'll ad on. Please don't hesitate to ask anything. I'll post a review later.