We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab to Edss

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cab to Edss

Does anyone know how much the cab fare will be to EDSS from the airport in Cancun? What type of cab we should be looking for? Is there one company better than the others? Or should we book with a shuttle company? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Fairview, Illinois
Level Contributor
273 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab to Edss

You have very few options trying to leave the airport if you do not make arrangements ahead of time.

They only allow 1 cab company at the airport arrivals area. Grey line Tours. They quoted us $84 to get from the Airport to the EDSS. It is $62 to get from the EDSS back to the airport from the other cabs.

I would recommed setting up round trip transportation ahead of time. Lomas Travel is connected to the ElDorado Resorts and will take good care of you. They have transport options from cars to vans or limos. The cars were comparable to taxi prices.

Dennis

Mentioned in this post
Lomas Travel
Lomas Travel
1,281 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
884 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab to Edss

As Dennis says (HI H04HOG!) cabs are tough make arrangements prior to going.

We used Best Day Travels - round trip private transfer including a stop for beer was $98 for two.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab to Edss

Thank you!!! Lomas travel's site does not seem to be a secure site. The price seems right even for a private "limo or car"125 USD return for two people. I will have to check out the other option as well. We are not flying out on the last day but going to Progresso, still trying to figure out how to get there.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab to Edss

If you are going on a "signature vacation" to EDSS the transfers to and from the airport are included. We booked through expedia.ca I noticed you are from canada and thought maybe yours is a signature vacation as well.

When are you going? We are going Mar 11-18/08

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab to Edss

Not till April. We booked flights and hotel seperatley. Seemed like a much better deal, we fly from Buffalo so that be a factor? I took the one posts advice and booked through Lomas..pretty good advice. Thanks for everyones help. I hope EDSS is as nice as the Azul which was almost excessive. I stress the almost! Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen
The Fives Azul Beach...
8,149 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
6. Re: Cab to Edss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 21:15