We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from edss

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from edss

I will post a review - but just wanted to report back.

And to say HI to petwchr and 04hog!!!! Seeing you guys on our birthdays was GREAT. You helped to make the party complete.

Questions? Send them my way!

BTW - we did not find a steam room. But we didn't go to the spa at all.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from edss

How are the graden view jacuzzi suites compared to the rest of the property? We are going to April...don't know how I will wait till then. Favorite drink? we stayed at the Azul last time we were down and the night life was pretty mellow, it's nice to meet other people and have a few drinks at night. Does everyone shut down at 9pm at Edss too? Glad you had fun, thank you for letting me know your thoughts.

Memphis
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from edss

I will be looking forward to reading your review.

We will be arriving in a few short weeks. I was wondering if there are still no need for dinner reservations?

Also, which restaurant was your favorite?

Fairview, Illinois
Level Contributor
273 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from edss

DiSciullo - It was good to see you for your birthday drink.

There are no reservations accepted for restaurants. We ate between 7-7:30 each night and only had one 2 minute wait. As far a favorites, it will vary with each person. Last year the Mexican was our favorite. This year it was the Italian and the Vida Grill. The menus are set so that no matter what type of food you enjoy, you should be able to find 2-3 entrees in each reasturant you will enjoy. I would recommed to rotate and try every restaurant then go back to your favorites a second time.

As for the rooms, they are basically all the same inside. The only difference is the view from the patio.

Dennis

Fairview, Illinois
Level Contributor
273 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from edss

cdiggon - The EDSS has dance shows or group entertainment from 8:30-9:30 nightly. After the show until 11:30 there is a band at the main bar. Usually good dancing music.

If you eat lunch at Vida, they have a Margarita Menu with 14-16 flavors. These are the best ones at the resort.(mango,expresso,banana,almond,chocolate)

They also make the best Pina Coloda you will ever taste.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from edss

Our favorite restaurant for dinner was Vida. We did not go to the Asian. We also had no wait at all. We ate at the Sandwichie for lunch - pizzas are individual size, crispy crust and quite good. Guac is to die for.

The swing bar stayed open until midnight on Saturday - the entertainment was done around 9:30, but the bar was hopping right up to midnight.

We had a swim up room so I can not comment to the other rooms.

6. Re: Just back from edss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 17:18