We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

NJ
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

Hey all,

I know there have been posts before about this, but I'm pretty confused. My fiance surprised me on Valentine's Day that we're going to EDSS for our honeymoon March 30 - April 4!

Are dresses required for dinner? Or would capris and a nice top be acceptable?

If I do wear a dress, is sleeveless ok? Specifically spaghetti straps?

I think I'm most concerned about shoes.....are open toed sandals ok? I know beach flip-flops are a no-no, but how about nice looking open toe-open heel sandals?

I'm concerned because my fiance was just on live chat with an employee from EDSS, and he stated we must have closed-toe shoes only, which kind of contradicts what I've read on this board.

Thanks!

Memphis
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

We will be at the EDSS the 2nd week in March. We have not been to the EDSS before, but spent our honeymoon at the Royale a couple of years ago. The dress code seems to be very similar.

You should be fine in capris and spaghetti straps. They just don't want people looking like they came straight in from the pool or the beach. You may want to bring a light sweater or wrap because the restaurants may be cool. Strappy sandals for ladies are fine, too. I believe the men may need to bring a pair of closed-toe shoes (although I believe my husband wore sandals to dinner). Your dress sandals will be fine, too. Anything you'd wear to a nice restaurant at home is fine- skirts, capris, pants, dresses, etc. You can look through some of the photos people have posted and see some of the things the ladies are wearing. Hope this helps!

glas scotland
Level Contributor
870 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

My wife and i were there last May, the dress code is smart casual, as long as you don’t turn up in shorts and a t’shirt or tennis shoes you will be ok, it is not strict collar and tie, i think they are happy if you make the effort. You will have a fantistic time.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
646 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

1 - Dresses are not required. Capri's, nice jeans, skirts and a nice top are all ok.

2 - sleeveless dress is fine, spaghetti straps are also ok.

3 - open toed sandals are ok for girls if they are dressier. The ones you are suggesting sound fine. I wore sandals to every meal, same kind of sandals I would wear to a wedding or grad. Men are a bit more difficult, I don't think any sandals are permitted for them. My boyfriend took one pair of nice shoes and wore them to every meal. Not dress shoes like for a suit or anything like that. Something like dockers or that type of shoe. No running shoes/sneakers.

4 - when we were there we were informed that they had just changed the rules and that men were no longer permitted to wear dress shorts. Nice jeans seemed to be fine though. You do not need to pack a different pair of pants for each night. A guy can get away with 1 pair of dark coloured pants and a different shirt.

Read "nice jeans" as no holes, fraying, patches or anything else along those lines no matter how fashionable they are supposed to be.

Make sure you are not wet at breakfast or lunch, and put on something to cover up the swimsuit.

We did see many people in t-shirts, jean shorts, flip flops, running shoes and pretty much anything else you can think of. I believe that people should respect the dress code a bit more, but then that also means that EDSS needs to enforce it more consistently.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

Ditto to what Ty&Terri said. We wore dresses or pallazo pants to dinner. Covered up the swim suits for lunch.

UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

Hi,

I am about to go to the El Dorado Seaside Suites in Sept and am slightly concerned with the response I got from the hotel regards the dress code!

Has anyone been recently that can comment on the dress code (advice for men and women needed!!!)

Thanks

Gold Hill, Oregon
Level Contributor
173 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

We were there the first of July and yes there have been changes (at that time) of their strict dress code.

Earlier posting contains some important info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g153510-i166-k2135…

With changes abounding, there may very well be a re-occurrence of the "Slacks & Shoes" dress code, who knows, I for one sure hope they keep that “Miami Casual” dress code.

Will be there in early October to see for myself.

CT

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
646 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

You get to go again in October CT?? You are so lucky! Wish I got to go on more than 1 holiday a year.

Gold Hill, Oregon
Level Contributor
173 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

Would prefer a 3-4 week visit but will settle for a series of 6-7 day trips.

This one will be the shortest yet will hopefully yeild a more long-term & equitable solution to the "Leaving the'Roo Blues"

CT

UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

I emailed the hotel direct and have had the following response!!

Air Conditioned Restaurants

• How many of these are there and what cuisine are they?

We have 5 different air conditioned restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Asian, International and Fusion) The Italian, Mexican and Asian are every evening open for dinner time from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm. The International and Fusion cuisine restaurants are open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Can men wear shorts (not Bermuda but one colour) in these restaurants and if so what length do they need to be?

No shorts are allowed for dinner time.

• Can men wear trousers that are mid calf in these restaurants?

Trousers are ok during the day but not for dinner time.

• I have a maxi dress that is floor length, sleeveless and has very thin straps – can this be worn in these restaurants?

Yes.

• I also have an all-in-one suit that is strapless but with trousers – very smart though, is this OK in these restaurants?

Yes.

• Do women have to cover their arms at all times?????

No at all.

• Can women wear a pashmina and then remove it to have a top with no sleeves?

Yes of course.

• Do men have to wear a full shoe? Can they wear open toe shoes (quite casual but not plastic flip flop style)

Yes but no flip flops for dinner time.

• Do men have to wear a collar in these restaurants or are short sleeve (smart) t-shirts acceptable?

No t-shirts are allowed for dinner time. A collar is ok.

Non Air Conditioned Restaurants

• Are these more relaxed with the dress code and if so, what is the code?

Yes it is more relaxed during the day. We only have one Sandwicherie and is more relaxed, just keep in mind that if you would like to go to the Fusion Cuisine and International Restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner you must follow our dress code.

• Can women wear shorts in here – they are short but smart

Yes, absolutely.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
646 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites - Dress code concerns

Hi Teeny, just wondering what part of that response has you worried? Are you still unsure of whether or not you or your other half can wear something?

CT - I'd love a 3-4 week holiday too, but can only manage one 1 week holiday a year so I am overflowing with jealousy at your multiple trips.