We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

Our family has been planning a November vacation to the Mayan Riviera and we were going to stay at the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort, but a great deal has come up for the Barcelo Maya Palace-Premium Club for the same price....my husband wants to switch...has anyone stayed at both??

Any suggestions????

thanks!

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

Hi there I have been to both but not to the Barcelo Palace it wasnt built 2 years ago.Here are my pros and cons Pallidum great beach,food was wonderful great pools and lots of wildlife more jungel setting.Barcelo great beach also(snorkling)food ok,great pools big big resort over 3,000 rooms.no wildlife and not as tropical.Now the Barcelo palace may have oceanview rooms where the pallidum may or may not .Now the pallidum has the white sand resort now it was not there when we went 4 years ago so you get more choices.The pallidum is 5 years old verse last year for the barcelo.I hope this helps a little if I was to choose it would be the Pallidum.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

We've been to both and would choose the Palladium over the Barcelo Palace any day - even with the Club Premium amenities!

Lots of reviews out there, including our own from just this past April about the Palace.

Our best advice: stick with the Palladium! Hope this helps!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

been to both and prefer the Barcelo. Did not like the slippery bridges of the Palladium or the pool that I could not walk across carrying a drink. Barcelo has better snorkeling.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

There is a very long comparions report on UnofficialPalladium dot com. Basicall yit reiterates things said above such as the Palladium being more plush. You may get a nicer room/suite at the Palladium for the same cost as a standard room at the Barcelo.

The Palladium recently started offering all guests unlimited ala cartes and has just openend a new seafood ala carte on the beach. ALl guests have access to the following (except Royal area)

14 restaurants (unlimited ala cartes)

27 bars

Two theaters

new spa

state-of-the art gym

discothéque

sports bar

athletic field

tennis courts

10 pools

kids club (ages 1-12)

shops

internet cafes

Black & White Club (ages 13-19)

5. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2009, 19:20
North west England
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

The Grand Palladium Colonial wins hands down on all counts !

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

Wow- thanks for all the replies!

It sounds like there are alot of Palladium fans out there....my husband is still being swayed to the Barcelo due to the nicer/new rooms....I'm still not sure...it sounds like the Palladium has far more lush landscape & surroundings than the Barcelo....what about the beaches - which one is better???

thx.

:)

8. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial

thanks harmony!

the Palladium sounds perfect!!

...now I just have to convince my DH....

BTW- "inkashuks".....is that the name of all the flat rocks piled up...like you see all over the beaches at Stanley Park in Vancouver??

10. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace or Palladium Colonial