We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time of year?

Chicago, IL
4 posts
Save Topic
best time of year?

My fiance and I decided on Aventura Spa Palace for our wedding. We're running into some scheduling conflicts with April - early June being off limits.

What do you guys recomend for a time to go? Right now we're leaning towards March 14th (spring break) or November 21st.

Thanks for any help!

Chicago, IL
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best time of year?

OH, I would prefer August 22nd but I heard it's gross then???

alberta
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best time of year?

I don't know about the resort but November is still considered low season so it may be cheaper for your guests.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time of year?

If you can afford the on-season pricing in March, that is your best bet! November is off-season for a reason: the weather. In a word, unpredictable.

Hope this helps!

Congratulations and Happy Travels!

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time of year?

Hola Stefarina,

March is PEAK season, & consequentially the most $ (Other than Xmas). We are heading down in another week for our 2nd Nov in a row. Prices are good, but weather can be unpredictable. Nov here at home is cold & rainy, so even if it rainy down there, at least it’s warm.

We really like the 3rd week in Jan. Prices are good &weather is good there, bad at home, so that’s a plus. Resorts aren’t crowded either, but do run with full facilities, which sometimes they don’t on the off season. April – late Oct, early Nov IS hurricane season, so that’s something to keep in mind.

We also went once in early May, weather was good, but quite HOT……

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

Chicago, IL
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best time of year?

Family restricts anything other than August or November.

Thanks for the help!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best time of year?

August is ungodly hot and humid with afternoon thunderstorms and a high risk of hurricanes.

If you now have to choose between August and November, definately go with November!

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best time of year?

Yep, if it’s just between Aug and Nov, then go with Nov, but later Nov is better…..

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best time of year?

If it's between August and Nov. I suggest November. Less chance of hurricane/tropical depression/rain. Not as busy as other times might be.

Congratulations.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
387 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best time of year?

Our vote would be March since it is still cold in Chicago at that time. We are heading down to ASP on the 14th and can let you know of our experience when we get back. We have heard that it is less crowded in November so you may get better attention. Congrats and good luck with your planning.

California
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best time of year?

I was there last year at the end of October and first of November. It was beautiful and warm still. It is at the end of hurricane season so still a chance of a storm but August would be more likely. So I would choose November. Good luck.